“DiveMex Rocks!!!”
Review of DiveMex

DiveMex
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: DiveMex is a small dive center in downtown Playa del Carmen close to the public bus station, the ferry and the public transport station for tulum and cancun. Diving with us is so much more than just get dressed, jump into the water and dive. The personal experience of every diver is very important to us and that's why we only dive in small groups up to 4 divers. Safe diving, no rushing and personal service guaranteed.You will get the best diving experience possible, regardless if you are at the beggining of your diving career or already an advanced diver
Boise, Idaho
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“DiveMex Rocks!!!”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

The Staff at DiveMex is fantastic. Emilio was my instructor for open water certification and he did an amazing job. Dirk tookus cave diving in Cenote Chac Mool he was a blast... Friendly, qualified, genuinely nice people that is how I would describe the people I worked with. I would Highly recommend them to anyone visiting Playa Del Carmen....

Visited March 2014
1 Thank David K

Iowa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Diving with Dr. House”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Ok, Dirk is German and a little rough.. maybe a lot rough.Not only does he look like House, he acts like him. Get over it if you want to dive a cenote or cave, because he knows what he is doing and be sure to ask him to teach you what he knows, even if you are experienced. He loves to mentor. I can also tell you he is the instructor you want by your side if something were to go wrong. We had blast with him, cursing down the highway after a great centote dive singing songs by.... yes, The Who. I don't sing, but on this particular occasion it was just too much fun not to... once you get used to Dirk's rough humor (or expect it) it gets really fun, fast. No we had not been drinking, at least not until we got back.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank msvmaier
wales
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“diving with divemex”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Anna help greatly with all our questions and helped make this a great trip.the dive centre is situated near the beach-10 minute walk.A laid back but efficient dive team that seem to have it sussed.We met each day at the centre and were taken to the dive site by a knowledgeable member of staff and treated to a great day out with a snack and water in between dives.We dived Tortugas,a site that has lots of turtles and bull sharks in season.Also the wreck of the C56 a navy ship with lots of life including Eagle Rays and swim throughs.We also dive the sinkHole Angelita with a cloud of sulphur at 30 metres-wow.A not to miss is Grand Cenote,can only be discribed as a small part of a massive spiders web of undergroud water filled tunnels full of stalagtites,stalagmites and pillars.Also dive Cozumel offered.A great trip recommended.

Visited February 2014
Albany, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great diving with Divemex”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I traveled down to Playa Del Carmen to celebrate my birthday with my girlfriend in early January. We planned to dive with Divemex 4 out of the 7 days we were there. I emailed the shop about a month prior to arrival and Dirk who own’s Divemex with his wife Anna replied very quickly. I informed him that we wanted to get our Advanced Certification and he wrote up a dive plan right away. Everything was very smooth. I put down a small deposit and touched base with them when we arrived in Playa. Our first dive was the following day. Little did I know, my whole family flew down to surprise me and wanted to dive with us. Divemex was very accommodating even though they already had a tight schedule with other groups. They were able to arrange our dives so we were all able to dive together. They also made the most out of every dive we did. We had to do certain dives to complete our course but they were able to make them exciting dives in great locations. The bull shark migration was moving through as we were down there so we did our fish ID portion on this dive. We also went to Tulum for our deep dive and peak performance buoyancy in the Cenotes. Both were unforgettable experiences. I highly recommend both dives. Overall Divemex was very accommodating and we had a great experience overall. Dirk was a great instructor with clear and concise instructions. Anna was very kind and knowledgeable. All the other help at Divemex was great. Katherine, Marcel thanks a bunch for sending pictures of the shark dive and cenotes. I highly recommend diving with Divemex if you plan on diving in Playa, Cozumel, Cancun or Tulum. Thanks again for the unforgettable time.

Visited January 2014
Berlin, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Shark Diving Extravaganza”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

On the spur of the moment my mother and I decided to leave Cozumel and take a day trip to Playa del Carmen. Marcel Taubert, the dive master, met us at the ferry and we did 2 dives together. They were dive number 114 and 115 for me. Marcel briefed us to stay in a group, get on our knees and be still. 5 bull sharks came by to look at us. They were very close and it was the thrill of a lifetime! I show people the photos every day. In addition to the sharks and stingrays at Shark Point, we saw moray eels, lobsters, lots of small colorful fish and beautiful coral at Chunzobol. The total cost for four dives was 168 dollars. The day was the highlight of our trip and I highly recommend diving with Marcel. He was very safe and dependable. And he played some great CDs in the truck on the way to and from the dive entrance point!

Visited January 2014