“Best Coffee and Breakfast in Playa!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Vera Lucia's Pasteles - CLOSED

Vera Lucia's Pasteles
Cuisines: Cafe, Soups, Brazilian, South American
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating
Description: We are located one block from Mamitas Beach in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico. Most mornings you will enjoy the gentle sea breezes, soft jazz and Bossa Nova sounds from your café style dining patio. We invite you to come and enjoy our delicious and exquisite breads, soups, sandwiches, pastries, and complete breakfast dishes and lunch specials. In the evening we offer excellent dishes and treats with a Brazilian flare.
San Diego, California
“Best Coffee and Breakfast in Playa!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2012

First of all, the coffee is DELICIOUS! The breakfasts, pastries and hot soups are delicious, but best of all, their service and attention to their customer is top notch. Vera is Brazilian and has lived in the United States. She is warm and friendly and makes sure your are satisfied. The small shop is near Mamita's/Kool Beach on 1st Avenue (between 26th & 28th Ave), so we would have a nice breakfast before heading to the beach. Go visit Vera Lucia's and order the coffee and red chilaquiles! You will not be disappointed!!!

• Visited June 2012

rafabos
“Awesome Brunch!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

Walking to Kool Beach Club one morning, my friend and I stumbled upon this little gem! We were attracted to the Pasteles, and ended up having breakfast here a couple mornings on our way to the beach. Vera Lucia has an awesome and humble staff, they take care of you as if you had come over their home to have some coffee. Please do yourself a favor and stop by for some amazing and affordable breakfast, incredible service included!

• Visited August 2011
Winnipeg
“Great food and owners!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

We just love this place. We found this little gem last year and enjoyed it so much that we were looking forward to going back this year. Not only is the food great and all home made, but the owners Vera and Rick are such wonderful people.
When we made it back again this year, to our surprise, Vera remembered us instantly.
The breakfasts were always very good. The coffee is fantastic! I believe it's the best in Playa. The home made soups are so good! The butter croissants melt in your mouth. The sandwiches and breads.....well, everything we've ever had was very, very good. All for a very reasonable price. And the nicest hosts.
Only a block off 5th Ave, makes for a nice, quiet experience. Well worth searching out.
Hope to see you, Vera and Rick, again soon.
Your friends from Winnipeg, Canada, Kaz and Sharon.

• Visited March 2012
Fort Worth, Texas
“Great little spot for breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2012

Nice little spot on 1st avenue between 26th & 28th on the way to Mamita's Beach. Good service, very clean & good food. Mainly a breakfast & lunch spot as their evening hours seem to vary.

• Visited January 2012
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
“I like to think I'm a regular at this friendly place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2011

I met Vera and Recardo back in April a month after I opened my store Giancarlo's Best of Mexico Shop just down the street from them. Originaly I was passing by when I thought why not stop in for a coffee on my way to work. I love coffee. After TASTING there coffee i was so impressed I had to ask them where they get there coffee from? The state of Oaxaca and roasted localy. Among there coffee they have many other treats with a Brazilizn flare as Vera herself is from Brazil. When you go to Veras not only are you getting quality cuisine as well you are experiencing there genuine heartfelt welcome which will put you at eas, As well you could order from them cakes and many other food choices, check out there websight, and while you are in the area you could check out my store which sells 925 sterling silver hats and purses. www.facebook.com/Giancarlosbestofmexicoshop

• Visited April 2011