Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Sasha Hotel(Playa del Carmen)
  • Pool
Portea Hotel(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
Hotel 52(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
Grand Fifty Suites(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
The Reef Coco Beach(Playa del Carmen)
  • Breakfast included
9,960 results
All reviewsroyal servicemolethe grillsouth bargabi clubla palapa restaurantyhi spadinner reservationsalfredobutler serviceguest servicesswim up suitebali bedsour honeymoonpool partypersonal butlerall inclusive resort
Reviewed 13 January 2012

the hotel is located in a wonderful piece of the playa del carmen, the beach is so nice...the structure and services are simple perfec, food is great have about 8 diferents restaurant to have a really nice dinner, breakfast really good and always the service is the best part of it...just loved this place...so new and beautifully decorated...an amazing place to go...

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank negadestri
Reviewed 13 January 2012

I went to La Perla the week of Christmas to have a divorce-cation with my best friend who had finally finalized a divorce with a horrid man. Since we needed some pampering, I was very excited to stay in a brand new resort and take advantage of the pre-packaged upgrades.

I did read the reviews prior to my arrival, so I knew that the "Upgrades" were really just coupons, but unfortunately, the Spa Services we received, which were good, were not discounted with the coupon; we were charged the full amount even though we had 5 $40 coupons. I only expected 2 of the coupons to be used on the services, but upon review of my charges that was not the case.

Now, here I sit in DC and I have tried to contact the hotel, but I have not heard back and the reservation line, of course, cannot assist me.

If this issue gets remedied, I will rewrite this review, but buyer beware that while you may have the "upgrade" (coupons) they may fail to apply them. I should've looked more closely upon checkout, but I was also running to my shuttle to make an early flight and the front desk was slow to begin with, so my impatience got the better of me.

Room Tip: I brought my Tervis Tumbler, so that my drinks would stay a little colder longer and the staff was perfectly happy to fill it with my fantastic drinks. (I think some of the other guests were either jealous or thought I looked dippy... I was happy so what do I care?)
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank Off_the_beaten_path2
Reviewed 12 January 2012

The service at this hotel almost ruined the trip for me. They have a long way to go to be professionals in the industry and thus I highly recommend staying elsewhere.

The hotel is indeed well constructed and interesting but does not make up for
the fact they have incompetent staff working here.

DO NOT STAY HERE! It's far away from everything and it's not a pleasurable atmosphere at all.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
22  Thank technoelectra
Reviewed 11 January 2012

La Perla, the pearl. A real hidden treasure. This is the next level of luxury hotels. Melia is really doing everything to pamper all your senses. With the great high end design of the interior, the exclusive a la carte food, the lounge music throughout the complex and the scent of incense it is an escape out of reality. The rooms are magnificent with two showers, a bath and a Jacuzzi on the balcony. The exclusivity of the food is very high end and exquisite. Have dinner at the Passion, it should have a Michelin star. Also La Pallapa is great. Nothing is too much, the chef even went that far for us and created a special dish on request. Don’t forget the staff, they really make a difference.They make you feel like a king.

- Points of improvements. Have a international list of cocktails and train the staff how to make a good cocktail.

-- Be careful for the vacation club from Melia. These people walk around the complex. It’s a tourist trap luring guest into paying a lot of money and getting a time share kind of deal. Be warned.
Big thanks to Michael (butler), Gener (waiter), Arturo (waiter), Felipe (waiter), Julio (chef) Marcus (paramedic) they made our vacation a 10.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank TWDG
Reviewed 11 January 2012

We eent here for our honeymoon and i think for a hotel thats been open for only a month, their service was great. Some of the reviewers here must be really spoiled brats who expect to be treated like queens and kings and treat their butlers like real slaves. I think the service was excellent and all staff realy go out of their way to satisfy everyone. The food was great, most all inclusive restaurants have very limited choices, but paradisus la perla has 13 restaus and all with great food! I would definitely go back. The beach looked nice but not nice for swimming, i guess thats the only glitch i found. But overall, i think paradisus is a good honeymoon place to stay at.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple