Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
US$436
US$318
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
US$450
US$334
Agoda.com
US$689
US$669
US$656
US$506
BlueBay
Royal Hideaway Playacar(Playa del Carmen)
US$635
US$463
Barcelo.com
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$710
US$383
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
US$1,076
US$553
US$873
US$448
9,845 results
All reviewsroyal servicemolethe grillsouth bargabi clubla palapa restaurantyhi spadinner reservationsalfredobutler serviceguest servicesswim up suitebali bedsour honeymoonpool partypersonal butlerall inclusive resort
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 December 2012

My husband and I have nothing but superlatives to say about Paradisus La Perla. Having an adults only resort was important to us, and although La Esmeralda is within the same complex, at no time do children intrude on La Perla. It has an elegant ambiance, and the amenities are all excellent. The beach, pools, restaurants, and hotel rooms are classy, elegant, and luxurious. At no time did we have a bad meal in any dining room, but we must give a special commendation to the chef at Mole, Julio, who provided us with an exquisite gourmet meal that was unparalleled. Managers Fermin and Emir provided extraordinary personalized service and really went the extra mile to insure our satisfaction (although the quality of the restaurant made their efforts superfluous.) We have been to other all-inclusive resorts in Playa del Carmen, and we both agreed that Paradisus La Perla is the one we would return to. If we were pressed to come up with any negatives, we really could not. It was a delightful vacation, and we recommend this resort enthusiastically.

2  Thank Barbara46392
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2012

Dear guest,

First of all thank you for posting your review form your last stay at Paradisus La Perla. I am sure your experience will inspire another tourist to visit us, wiling to have the same feeling form our property.

We will transfer your comments to Emir, Fermín and the Chef Julio from Mole restaurant, we are sure they will be happy to read your recognition to their service vocation. We are proud to count with employees like them, customer oriented.

Please honor us again with your presence and remember we will be pleased to host you again here, in your home away from home.

Reviewed 16 December 2012

I decided to stay at the Paradisus resort Perla, I read some decent reviews about this hotel and decided to try it as our first venture to the area.

My girlfriend and I are avid snorkelers and divers, we love the activities in the water. When we arrived to the hotel on Dec. 5th, we were very unpleased with the quality of the beach they "claim" to have on their website.. as well, they didnt have any of the activities they promised as well! Ive already asked for a full refund (ya right) and im awaiting their answer from the head office so im told. We did take a jetski with a company in front of the hotel, but I was told by the security at the hotel that they're bad people and not to use any of their activites. Either way, they were very nice and curtious to my girlfriend and I and we had a blast Fabien (i think thats his name) was very nice! Everything was great execpt for the small beach smelling like gasoline all the time! :(

The food was pretty good, portion size was very good. But there were a lot of kids on the Perla side which was sort of annoying.

Rooms are stunning, service was a 5/10. I was told RS was not worth the money, and i can see why....

Overall 6/10

John & Rita Darrenger

3  Thank John D

Dear Mr. & Mrs. Darrenger,

Thank you for your taking the time to share your point of view about your stay at Paradisus La Esmeralda.

We are really sorry that our beach, aquatic sports and the Royal Service facilities did not fulfill your expectations. Your comments have been sent to the corresponding Managers in order to check the information provided and avoid future confusions with our dear guests as we have snorkel equipment and kayaks available as part of our LUXEclusive plan. Your claim will be revised and you will get a response as soon as it is solved.

On the other hand, we feel pleased to know that you enjoyed your room´s comfort and the food quality at our restaurants.

It is a shame we were not able to satisfy your needs and we would love to have another opportunity to host you again at Paradisus.

Reviewed 16 December 2012

Want to share my experience. Have expected high quality, but the reality was even better. Excellent hotel, very nice personal, very good services. Many choices for world cuisine. You just have to relax here. Dont expect any rush. Just relax. Lovely place to stay and enjoy.Just before you order any trips around, just visit the town of Playa del Carmen. Better conditions, the same services :-).
Special thanks to Grill Restaurant and Erick and also Fernando.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with future tourist and with us, from your Paradisus experience.

We are glad to read you were able to enjoy the coziness of your room, the culinary tour offered at our specialty restaurants and buffets, remarking the unforgettable dining experience at The Grill, where Erick and Fernando were at your disposal at any minute.

It would be an honor for us to receive you again in the near future and let us surpass your expectations one more time.

Reviewed 12 December 2012

Last year we stayed at the Paradisus in Veradero, Cuba and loved it. This year we chose Paradisus La Perla and were not disappointed. Nice beach walk to the town center but you could just stay at this resort and relax. Evening shows, activities during the day and great restaurants to try ..... My only "complaint" was whiny kids in some of the "shared" specialty dinner restaurants (this resort has a children/family section of their own). Maybe a dinner hour separate for parents and children and a later dining time for adults only would solve the problem?
Kudos to Exhel (Market Restuarant) for his great service and to the waiter (also @ The Market) who mixed me up a remedy and suggested a morning Guava smoothie concoction for my "too-much-sun" hangover! It worked!
Otherwise a great experience and loved our stay!

Room Tip: I don't think there are any "bad" locations at this resort. I prefer peace & quiet for sleeping when I travel so chose a jr. suite with a garden view on the west side (nice sunset).
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Robyn819
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2012

Dear guest,

First of all let me thank you for your loyalty to our Paradisus brand, as this was your 2nd Paradisus experience and we hope you will have a 3rd and a 4th and many more.

We are happy to know that your trip ended up with an unforgettable experience and your expectations from our resort were surpassed regarding the quality in beverages, facilities in general, food variety, and attentive service.

Regarding the schedule for families and adults at Bana restaurant (the only restaurant open for families at La Perla) the last schedule receiving kids is at 8:00pm. This means that after 9 you will not find any minor in the area.

Thank you for your valuable notes and please remember that Paradisus La Perla will have a suite ready for your future Caribbean getaway.

Reviewed 10 December 2012

My husband and I went to the Paradisus La Perla Hotel to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and emailed Mariangelo Coppola Stheplen and explained this. When I arrived I also told reservation and the woman that made our arrangements for dinner. I was very disapointed not one person went out of there way and did anything special for us. Not even a happy anniversary. (On our 20th anniversary we went to the Excellence Hotel in Punta Cana and they put us at a very romatic table with rose peddles and champagne. ) I would never complain to tripadvisor other than my last day I was sitting with a young couple at the pool and they were celebrating their 10th anniversary. The hotel upgraded them to a one bedroom room. After reaching out through email I think they let the ball drop by not acknowledging our special event.

4  Thank Joyce J
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2012

Dear guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for letting us know about your recent experience at Paradisus La Perla. In our effort to continuously improve the quality of our services and facilities, we put our greatest interest and value all our guests' opinions.

As stated in other review´s responses, we really enjoy celebrating with our guests during a special occasion, whether it is a birthday, graduation, honeymoon or anniversary. We are deeply sorry to read that due a communication issue we were not able to succeed your expectations this time. We have sent your notes to different staff members that may receive direct emails from our clients in other to improve the communication between departments and avoid future inconveniences like the one you described.

I can assure you that if you give us another opportunity to host you, we will do our best to assure you will have a fantastic experience, besides the service and facilities you have experienced.