A friend and I took advantage of some time off at La Perla. We were impressed with the decor the, all the restaurants, the room, the service.
The main pool is very cold. There is no walking in, you just have to jump and get it over with.
If you elected to upgrade to Royal Service, the pool is heated.
The gift shop is typical-lots of souvenior type items, some clothes/bathing suites/shoes. Incredibly overprcied. Do you not forget you sun tan lotion because you will pay $30+ USD there.
Sunest Cafe has the best Guac and Chips, Vento-Mediterranean and Bana-Asian Fusion/Sushi were our favorite restaurants. La Palapa was prob the 2nd. I did not care for anything at the Mexican restaurant on site, but come to find out I'm a south-west mexican food fan, not an eastern fan. Lots of red sauce and mole sauce (not may favorite).
They YHI Spa is a wonderful experience. The locker is a little space, but there are not a lot of people scheduled together. The rejuvination pool is warmer than the main pool so it is relaxing and the spa tubs are not too hot, just right! I got a deep tissue massage-ask for Alejandro. Wonderful.
We used Best Day Travel for our transportation to and from the airport. THey also offer wonderful excursion (for an addition fee) like swimming with the dolphins, zip-line tours, atv tours. Etc. The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful and make sure to get your information exactly correct.
I would come back to this resort again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla is a hotel catering to the discerning all-inclusive traveler. With 58 swim-up suites, opulent furnishings, and international cuisine prepared by award-winning chefs, this adults-only hotel is a crowd pleaser. Rooms feature special touches like deep soaker tubs and rainfall showers. Marble floors, flat-screen TVs, Minibar, in-room safe, free Wi-Fi, coffee maker, bathrobes and slippers, cable TV service and a DVD/CD player compliment the trendy interior design. Stay active with water sports like aqua aerobics, yoga, zumba and volleyball, or visit the spacious fitness facility. The Spa offers a wet and dry sauna($). Try a different menu every night with 14 restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Melia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Paradisus by Melia Playa del Carmen La Perla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Perla Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Paradisus By Melia Playa Del Carmen La Perla Mexico/Riviera Maya