First off this hotel is beautiful! It is all open air so you can enjoy the beautiful Mexican weather all the time. The staff is what makes this hotel amazing. They are all willing to go out of their way to make sure your vacation is top notch. We never encountered a crabby person or anyone who did not have a smile on their face.
The rooms were immaculate. The shower heads are the waterfall kind which we especially loved. The beds were super comfortable and always well cleaned, to the point of perfection. All the components worked well.
The restaurants were delicious. My fiance loves trying exotic foods so he had a hay day at the different restaurants. I am a little more picky but was always able to find a "safe option" on the menu. Our favorite restaurant by far was the Grill with Vento in a close second place. Be prepared to take a long time at the restaurants. Speedy service was not a priority, which was fine as we just chatted and the drinks came coming but you should plan on about 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours per dinner.
For breakfast eat day we ate at Hadar which had such a wide variety and seem well organized, upscale and clean for a buffet. It also had a bloody mary bar in it and a build your own smoothie station. (side note you can add the vodka from the bloody mary bar to the smoothies :)
The pool is really the star of this resort. We lived at the swim up bar. Beware though the water is really really cold! Alejandro, David and Oscar make it worth it though. These guys became our best friends at the resort and are the reason we will be returning to Paradisus! If you get oscar as your bartender, or "the oscar" and you will be happy.
Vivian with pool activities is amazing! We had a great time with the guacamole class and the water aerobics! Join in you won't regret it!
We loved Paradisus and can't wait to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla is a hotel catering to the discerning all-inclusive traveler. With 58 swim-up suites, opulent furnishings, and international cuisine prepared by award-winning chefs, this adults-only hotel is a crowd pleaser. Rooms feature special touches like deep soaker tubs and rainfall showers. Marble floors, flat-screen TVs, Minibar, in-room safe, free Wi-Fi, coffee maker, bathrobes and slippers, cable TV service and a DVD/CD player compliment the trendy interior design. Stay active with water sports like aqua aerobics, yoga, zumba and volleyball, or visit the spacious fitness facility. The Spa offers a wet and dry sauna($). Try a different menu every night with 14 restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Melia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HRS, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Perla Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Perla Mexico/Riviera Maya