La Perla is a wonderful resort for adults, children are very strictly not allowed. There is a connecting resort called Esmeralda. It is all inclusive with meals and the bars included. If you want to have upgraded meals and wines that is available. There is one restaurant that has an upcharge of $50 per person. Stayed there for 8 nights. Ate at most of the restaurants. I was very impressed with the food at the resort. There are 2 buffet restaurants. One is for adults only and the other is for families. The food is similar if not identical. Usually if one is open the other is closed. So there are times that the guests will co-mingle. Usually La Perla guests dining in the family restaurants. The pools are very pretty and they have lots of cabana type beds to occupy. The Beach is narrow but very pretty and you can go for very long walks. The water is clean and absolutely gorgeous. The rooms are very nice. Double showers with a bench in them. The toiletries are terrific. They are Thierry Mugler brand. Smell amazing and even the public area hand soap is from the same designer. There is a big tub in the room and the upgraded rooms have a tub on the balcony. They also offer "swim up" suites. They are rooms that have a set of stairs down to a semi private swimming pool and direct access to the pool area. I stayed in a room without a view but looked at a number of rooms with views. Overall the resort is beautiful. The rooms are clean and nice. They smell a bit musty because it is so humid in mexico. The floors are slippery in some areas so be careful of the stairs. Had a wonderful massage in the spa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla is a hotel catering to the discerning all-inclusive traveler. With 58 swim-up suites, opulent furnishings, and international cuisine prepared by award-winning chefs, this adults-only hotel is a crowd pleaser. Rooms feature special touches like deep soaker tubs and rainfall showers. Marble floors, flat-screen TVs, Minibar, in-room safe, free Wi-Fi, coffee maker, bathrobes and slippers, cable TV service and a DVD/CD player compliment the trendy interior design. Stay active with water sports like aqua aerobics, yoga, zumba and volleyball, or visit the spacious fitness facility. The Spa offers a wet and dry sauna($). Try a different menu every night with 14 restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Melia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Perla Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Perla Mexico/Riviera Maya