“Fantastic Getaway” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Staten Island, New York
“Fantastic Getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

This is the first review I have ever written about a hotel and I feel it is well deserved. Starting with the service, everyone is all smiles at his hotel especially a gentlemen by the name of Rigoberto Santos whom works at the restaurant "Hadar". Every morning my girlfriend and I would sit down at his table and the coffee would be made the way we like it, not only was his service great but he was extremely informative about what was going on in the hotel that day. For excursions go see Jairo from Olympus, he wears a orange shirt and is extremely helpful and will direct you with his honest opinion. The hotel itself was spotless and the rooms are over the top nice. Enjoy!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Michael D
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Guest,

It is an honor for us to receive your first review on Trip Advisor, this means you really thought it would be worthily to share your experience from your stay at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla with other tourists.

We are happy to know that your girlfriend and yourself were able to live the Paradisus experience and you loved it. Rigoberto and Jairo have been informed about your recognition to their outstanding job. They are a true example of the warm service we strive to provide everyday in our resort .

Thank you for your kind comments and for granting us with the opportunity to host you again.

Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,783)
  • Hebrew first
Seacoast NH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Visited in June 2014 for a corporate event. The property is immaculately kept, very clean, nice rooms with high quality amenities. We didn't get much of a chance to try the restaurants due to corporate dinners, etc. but we did enjoy the meals we had on our own.

Evening entertainment was very impressive. Beach area was small and we knew this ahead of time based on what we read here, but it is well maintained and well staffed with waiters, lifeguard, etc. Even within roped off swimming area, the reef is dangerous and we saw quite a few clueless people (who simply don't pay attention) walk into rocky areas. If you swim, be careful!

A couple of things I would suggest improvements for are:

Upon check in, since we had a large group, it was not done in the usual lobby, so we had to wander the expansive layout searching for our room. It would have been good to suggest or even insist we use porters.

Safety...several areas had electrical outlets on the ground or laying in the sand and this seemed unsafe, especially in rain. Some sets of stairs have oddly spaced treads, smaller than normal risers, and/or poorly lit at night. For example, 3 steps down from Club Gabi out to the patio claimed several victims who stumbled or fell while we sat there. This needs some improvement. Cement walkways are as slick as ice when walking with bare feet. I took a good fall myself when walking from pool to get towels... my fault for not wearing footwear, and I was not injured, but some extra texture on the surfaces would have been good.

Drinks were good but seemed weak. Ask specifically for the brand you want or you will get "well" liquor.

Back to the positives...

One night we did dine at Bana. We walked in and immediately heard screaming (not exaggerating) children, so we asked if there were any later seatings. It could have been a language issue but the hostess seemed annoyed and said they had nothing open until 9 pm. Yet, at 8 pm thru almost 9 when we left, there were plenty of empty tables, so I believe they could have accommodated us. Aside from this, the food was very good and so was our waiter.

The spa was just amazing. Five stars all around, facilities, staff, service level, etc.

Pool area was spectacular, swim up bar, volleyball area, thatch huts (palapas), and snack bar made it so you could literally spend all day there.

All in all, we enjoyed our stay and would not hesitate to return.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank seacoastNH
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your Paradisus experience with us and with future tourist.

We feel satisfied that you enjoyed our beautiful facilities, spectacular pool area , Spa service , good food and friendly customer service.

On the other hand, we appreciate your comments regarding electrical outlets on the ground, Gabi Club area, walkways , liquor quality and hostess service. Please rest assured that we will share your valuable feedback with our staff for our improvement and in order to achieve our guest’s entire satisfaction and safety.

We appreciate your words, and please honor us with your presence in a future stay.

Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I normally do not write reviews, but the accommodations, food and service at La Perla were excellent. We had Royal Service. Upon check-in, knowing that we were celebrating our anniversary we were upgraded to the Presidential Suite. All I can say is wow as the room and the views were amazing. Alma, was our butler and she was not only attentive to our requests, but also went out of her way to set up special surprises like rose petals scattered, champagne and strawberries, etc. The food was also great. I was skeptical as you typically do not have high quality food at an all inclusive. As a New Yorker, I would say the food at La Perla is on par with many well respected NY restaurants.

The grounds were well maintained and the service throughout the resort is warm, friendly and incredibly accommodating.

The only negative I have to say was the push to become part of Club Melia. Since we had such a great time and are planning on coming back later this year with our children and staying on the Esmeralda side, I was open to learning more about Club Melia. While Carlos and Luis were very nice and informative (would recommend interacting with them if you are interested in Club Melia), Joshua who was in the sales office was pushy, rude and insulting. Thankfully his arrogance is the only negative I can say about a truly wonderful resort that I plan on visiting again soon.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

3 Thank Renee M
Dear guest,

We appreciate a lot the time you took to write a review from your stay at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla.

We are pleased to read that you had a great time with us and your anniversary celebration was unforgettable while you enjoyed the amazing Presidential Suite, tasted some delightful dishes at our a la carte restaurants and felt pampered by the attentive service from your butler Alma.

On the other part, your comment regarding the Meliá Club was sent to the manager in charge for review and take appropriate measures to avoid future inconvenience to other guests. We regret that the Club program was not appropriate, as well as program sales tactics.

Thank you again for your value review and for visiting us and we hope to have the privilege to host you once again in a near future!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with a huge work conference and the staff put a lot of work in to our stay being perfect. I have never known a hotel with so many staff, it is immaculately clean and everyone is so friendly. Brilliant international branded all inclusive drinks with fab cocktails....ask for a Mango Tango and the restaurants are out of this world. I went with work but I would 100% go back and pay for it out of my own back pocket!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Sarahvb1986
Dear guest,

We appreciate your concrete review from your Paradisus experience, affirming that you had a amazing time with us, enjoying our facilities, our brilliant international branded all inclusive drinks, the service of our staff and everything offered at Paradise.

We look forward to welcome you once more very soon.

toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

We leave this Saturday the staff and management cater to your every need, my sister and I are in room 1401 and the room is beautiful. the beach is blue green and the sand is amazing. OUR BUTLER Sara and Diego are both very help full and tend to all your restaurant bookings and mini bar stock they even do your bath for you upon request, there is nothing bad that i can say about this place the staff is very friendly the hotel is beautiful and amazing ... I will come back ... its like being in paradise. We specially want to thank the management for helping us make this vacation the best ever and resolving a few minor issues we had at the yhi spa ... overall its a great place to stay. If you plan on coming here i recommend the royal suites you have a private beach area with beds and its very quite. I am really going to miss this place!!!!

Room Tip: This hotel is very nice very clean and beautiful ... when you get a massage note that taxes are not...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank sabira k
Dear guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for letting us know about your experience at Paradisus.

It is great to know that after some issues you had at the Yhi Spa, that were resolved on time ,you could really enjoyed your holidays and took advantage of all the benefits, services, and special amenities of our exclusive Royal Service Area. Our staff works very hard to provide all our guests an unforgettable experience. We will transfer your comments to Sara and Diego, who surely will be happy to read your recognition to their service vocation. We are proud to count with employees like them.

We will be pleased to host you again in the near future.

Hoboken, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

I cannot speak to the quality of this resort but I can speak to the quality of their customer service. I was planning on having my wedding here. I had been working with a coordinator for weeks and scheduled a quick trip to cancun to tour the wedding locations. I found out that my sister (and maid of honor) was pregnant, making it impossible for her to attend my wedding and decided to plan my wedding locally instead. The resort would not refund my room, even given these extenuating circumstances. They were willing to lose a future customer over a 1-NIGHT STAY! I feel like I have dodged a bullet. I called/emailed every possible customer service contact I could find online and no one would help me. I finally got a response that they would consider it if I had "an official document" as proof. Since when do you receive an official document when you find out you are expecting a baby? I can't imagine how difficult it would have been to plan my wedding through such a inflexible company. I have not yet planned my honeymoon but I know I will not be booking it at this hotel or any other Melia hotels.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AshleyFerr15
Dear Guest,

We appreciate you have taken the time to share your impressions with us and we want you to know that we take our guests´ comments very seriously, this helps us to work harder in specific areas which we might have not paid the attention they deserve. Please accept our apologies and rest assured the issue you have raised have been addressed and appropriate corrective actions have been taken in order to resolved it shortly.

We’re truly sorry this incident left you with a negative impression of the hotel and we sincerely hope to have an opportunity in the future to welcome you.

Playa Del Carmen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

My twin sister and I stayed at Paradisus La Perla for our birthday and we were blown away by the service and the quality of this all inclusive resort. The atmosphere was so relaxing and left us invigorated and awed by the beauty and perfection. It felt like a stunning retreat in paradise the second you stepped through the main doors. Everyone that we met went out of their way to get to know us and customize our stay. Special thanks to Senahi and Raquel!! We were upgraded to a suite for free and it was breathtaking. We had a Jacuzzi on our balcony! One day upon returning to our room we found a surprise; the tub was filled with fragrant bubble bath and was sprinkled with real flowers. That's just a sample of the incredible and customized guest service that you will experience at this resort! My twin and I were treated like princesses! This hotel is also sparklingly clean. We enjoyed the cabanas by the pool and the pool party and live music at night were two of our favorite events at the hotel. The food was unbelievable, top quality and so unique and detail oriented with flavor and plating! There were so many amazing restaurants to choose from, we tried a new one every night and STILL couldn't try them all! Each one was absolutely astonishing! The drinks were so unique and prepared with such skill and specialty. Top shelf liquor was always included, including a bottle of champagne that was sent to our room free of charge with a special little chocolate cake and strawberries that said "Happy Birthday Twins" written in chocolate! Surprises like this completely made our trip! There is not one negative thing I can say about this place! My parents are planning a trip here for their anniversary and I have been telling everyone I know to book their next vacation here! Beyond breathtaking, and magically perfect in every way! I WILL be back! Thank you for making this the best vacation of my life!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

5 Thank Abby H
Dear Guest,

We would like to extend you our gratitude for selecting us to celebrate your birthday, and for sharing the impressions of your recent stay.

It is rewarding to know that your overall experience was wonderful while you enjoyed our first class facilities, the excellent food & top shelf liquor at our restaurants and bars ,comfortable rooms without excluding the warm service from our personnel who made you feel like princesses. We will transfer your recognition to Sinahi and Raquel, who took excellent care of you and they deserve to know they were an important part of your holidays.

Thank you very much for you recommendation and remember that Paradisus will be waiting for your return.