“Great hotel and excellent service!!”

Ranked #20 of 211 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My friends and I went on a vacation to Cancun and Playa del Carmen. Let's just say out of everything this hotel had everything perfect! All their staff was very helpful and great! I also want to say thank you to Sinahi for not only good service but an exceptional one, she recommended us places, always smiling. The view was amazing!!!! All of it was incredible, food, drinks, service you name it! Definitely coming back!!! :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jason S
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Guest,

We feel proud to learn you have had a great stay at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla and that our service went beyond your expectations, we are glad to know the service provided by Sinahi was exceptional and very helpful, always focused on your total satisfaction.

If you are thinking in coming back to Playa del Carmen, please consider to stay again in Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

From the moment we arrived we were taken care of. Every moment was extraordinary, the resort was absolutely beautiful and the staff were all exceptional. This is the place to be if you want to relax in style. The resort is very well laid out and never seemed crowded, reservations were easily accommodated and the food was delicious at every restaurant we experienced.

Our only complaint about our stay was with the pushy sales pitch for Club Melia at the beginning of our stay. Watch out for a lady named "Handi", she will mention over and over and make you feel as if you have to go to listen to their version of a time share. We were not interested and she wouldn't take no for an answer. We were greeted by her angry face just before lunch one day and her asking "where we were?" And she still tried to get us to waste our vacation on something had no intention of purchasing....why waste anyone's time just to get a $100 resort credit?

With the "Handi" moment aside, we had a wonderful time and we plan to return to the La Esmeralda side of the resort with our children next summer for another unforgettable vacation. You will not be disappointed, yourmoney is well spent here :)

Room Tip: Any room will do, I promise you will only be in there to sleep.

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for visiting us and recommending us to future travelers.

It has been a pleasure for all of us to host you and we are happy to know that you had a wonderful time based on everything you found in Paradisus: our LUXEclusive plan, delicious food at our a la cart restaurants, beautiful facilities and exceptional staff.

On the other part, we have sent your notes regarding the Club Meliá invitation to the manager in charge, definitely corrective actions will be taken on that matter. We understand completely when some guests are not interested on owning a Vacation Club membership , this is an attractive program for frequent and loyal travelers, and members should never feel forced to assist to the informative meeting . At least, we are glad to read that your overall experience wasn’t tarnished at all.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience in Trip Advisor and we will be waiting for your prompt return.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

My fiancé and I just came back from a trip to Mexico where we planned to rest and relax. At Paradisus, La Perla we were able to do just that while enjoying, beautiful landscaping, delicious food and immaculate service overall.

We did a lot of research before planning this trip. Here's what we wanted - all inclusive, romantic, adult-only, modern, top-shelf alcohol, clean, safe WITHOUT BREAKING THE BANK. Believe it or not, we found it all, and then some!
The staff was very warm, you can tell they are well trained in the customer service area. They were pleasant, smiling constantly, and whether they understood English or not, eager to help or accommodate us. The room was immaculate and just as it looks on the website (picturesque), perfect. The resort has a very welcoming feel and tranquil ambiance. We loved walking around, listening to the music streaming through the buildings. We also ventured to the other side of the resort (Esmeralda) for the shows. They were very entertaining and fun. We enjoyed the 80's dance party and the tribute to Michael Jackson the best.
I could go on forever, but I want to make sure I talk about the food. IT WAS INCREDIBLE. When you think all-inclusive, you might think the food would be mediocre... but we went to almost every restaurant (Bana 2x's), and each night we were more and more impressed. The food was exquisite. The chef's MUST be complimented as well as the staff. I cannot say enough, that the food is top notch. FYI - I live in NYC where fine dining is on almost every corner so I am not easily impressed but I would be remiss if I did not make it very clear that the food was absolutely incredible here.
I would definitely go back we are actually considering going again soon! And I have already recommended Paradisus, La Perla to many of my friends.
I give it a 10!!

Just to be fair - people above us arrived 2 days into our stay - they were very noisy. We thought we smelled pot once coming from their balcony (not really sure about that but - one night they let their Jacuzzi overflow and water was not just pouring but gushing down onto our balcony for several minutes. I was surprised at how long it took to get someone up there. Once it stopped we were waiting for our butler (or someone) to come and check/make sure we were ok. It surprised me again, when we had to call housekeeping to have some come, mop up the mess on our balcony. But that was the one and ONLY small glitch!
LOVED IT!

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International
2  Thank Jeanette D

Dear guest,

We want to thank you for sharing with other tourists and with us your experience at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla.

After reading your notes, we are glad to know our LUXEclusive plan fitted your expectations in every way, with nice accommodations, incredible food offered at the restaurants, great entertainment, but most of all for the warm service provided by our staff.

Thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed at the Royal Services section of the hotel for five days, and it was the most amazing trip I have ever been on. We wanted for nothing the entire time we were there. The food at each of the restaurants was amazing, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the resort was absolutely beautiful and serene. We had a junior suite with a king sized bed, and there was a huge garden tub and double shower in the room, as well as a Jacuzzi on the balcony! There was no problem with the wifi, so we could be just as connected to things back at home as we wanted to be. The resort is divided into three areas - the family side (Esmerelda), the adults only (La Perla), and the exclusive area (Royal Services). I would say it's good, better, and best. The family side is also beautiful, but everything does get a little quieter and more luxurious the farther you get from the family side.

The Royal Services section has it's own restaurant, pool, and lounge, so you can be very secluded from the other areas if you wish. There are also butlers with the Royal Services rooms, and you are provided a cell phone so that you can reach your butler at any time. One day while we were out visiting the city, the butlers drew us a bath and sprinkled rose petals in it. It is the little touches and little notes and kind gestures that really made the stay memorable. All of the staff really goes out of their way to be helpful. One morning we were running late to meet our tour bus, so they called a golf cart to take us over to the meeting spot faster. Oh yes, and there is a bar in the royal services pool, which is awesome! The rooms have everything you could possibly need and then some - robes, slippers, beach towels, a straw tote to bring your belongings poolside, toiletries, sewing kit - even an umbrella!

I could go on and on about the amenities and features of the resort, but the bottom line is that every single thing was amazing and memorable. The only thing I would change is that next time, I won't bring nearly as much stuff!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank supercat912

Dear guest,

We really appreciate your very nice review and comments about our hotel.

Staying at Royal Service you have some extra attributes and amenities, like you described, which could be the difference for “just a holyday in México” or “I was in Paradise!”. We are glad you got the second one during your stay at Paradisus.

Thank you again for your full review and please honor us again with your visit in the future.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

My husband and I recently got married at the Paradisus Resorts and had an unforgettable and amazing experience. We are no strangers to the all-inclusive package and have been to Mexico many times. After reviewing countless resorts in the Yucatan Peninsula, we decided on the Paradisus and could not have made a better choice!

We stayed for 3 days on the Esmeralda side in January for our pre-site wedding visit and returned to La Perla in April for 6 nights for our wedding week. We had 60 friends and family join us from all over the country, and the entire week went off without a hitch. Maria del Pilar from the Romance Department bent over backwards to make us and all of our guests feel special; she was more than accommodating with room upgrades, dinner reservations, and she personally greeted every one of our guests upon arrival. She is so well-organized, friendly, and professional in all regards. We could not have been happier with her as our Romance Coordinator, and our wedding would not have been the same without her! Aurora in the Romance Department was also very friendly and helpful. We had events throughout the week -- welcome cocktail party, rehearsal dinner, etc., and each activity exceeded our expectations and was better than the last.

The Paradisus is a beautiful resort and it served as an incredible backdrop to our wedding that we will never forget. From the modern architecture, to the koi ponds, incredible food, mangroves, and the beach, this resort is one of a kind. Our wedding guests were raving to us all week about how much they loved the Paradisus. We are so grateful to the hotel for hosting such an amazing milestone in our lives, and we will absolutely return in the near future!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Clongley

Dear guest,

We appreciate when our guest decide to spend an especial celebration with us. We work hard to fulfill our guest’s expectations, especially in their wedding because it is a trip that will remain in their memories forever.

Thank you for your comment regarding the outstanding service provided by our Romance team. We will transfer your comments to them, who surely will be happy to read your recognition to their service vocation and made this important event an unforgettable experience.

Please consider to stay again in Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla next year in your anniversary!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Everything was amazing from food, to pool, to entertainment, to service! My wife and I have stayed all over in the carribean and this was the best resort we have ever stayed at. I would recommend this resort to anyone.

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International
1  Thank Jeremiah L

Dear guest,

We are glad to know you found everything you were looking for at the resort. Of course this means our LUXEclusive plan and beautiful facilities fitted your expectations.

Thank you so much for staying with us, and we look forward to taking care of you during your next stay!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

This is a gorgeous hotel. First impression of the hotel is great, staff is very friendly and willing to please. These are the things I found to be among the best features of the hotel. What I found to be a bit disappointing is that we reserved a junior suite ocean view. To me, this means you face the ocean, right? Not so with this hotel--you have a "partial ocean view". For me and my husband, we were surprised but we still loved the view. We were also surprised that the toilet seat did not fit--the seat was too small for the toilet, meaning the seat was a couple of inches short of the toilet rim front. This isn't something I've seen before and certainly didn't expect in a hotel like this. But the biggest negative for us was that we found the drawers in the room had a terrible smell. At first, we thought we hadn't properly dried our clothes--you know that smell that damp laundry gets when you leave it in the dryer? So we sent out a bunch of clothes to be laundered (costing quite a bit--about $70). I don't usually unpack all my clothes, leaving a bit in the suitcase. We found the suitcase clothes smelled fine but the ones in the drawers were picking up the odor of the drawer. Once we took out and aired out the clothes, the smell disappeared from our clothes. Finally, as others have mentioned, some of the food is not included even though you are on the all inclusive package. This was ok with us but others might not like this. For the most part, this hotel is what you expect. The spa was fabulous--this was to my expectations and it was expensive but worth it! Spa services were great, varied enough for different clients and the facility very serene. I loved the spa best of all!

Room Tip: If you want access to ALL of their restaurants and easy access to the beach, choose the Royal Servic...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear guest,

First of all, thank you for sharing with us your opinion and part of the experience you had at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla.

We appreciate you let us knew about the toilet´s seat and the drawer´s smell, it is through comments like yours how we know the areas we need to improve and correct them in order to avoid complaints. Corrective measures have been taken in that matter.

On the other part, it is rewarding to know that you enjoyed our first class facilities, our fabulous Yhi Spa and the warm service from our personnel.

Thank you again for posting your impressions in Trip Advisor and we will be waiting for your prompt return.