“Perfect!!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Dallas, Texas
“Perfect!!”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This has been my second stay in a Paradisus hotel, but my first at La Perla and OMG! it was amazing!! Four of us stayed at this resort for seven days and we opted for the royal service. One room had a mangrove/sea view and the other had a pool view. All the rooms had a jetted tub on the balcony, huge bathrooms with a huge tub, sitting area, bedroom, stocked minifrig, coffee maker(nespresso).
With Royal service we had access to La Palapa restaurant which is to die for!! We had breakfast at La Palapa everyday except for one day. Everything is fresh and cooked to order. If you wanted to try multiple things they would make it happen! They're juices are freshly made! Royal service also allowed us to use the RS pool which was amazing! very quite, calm and not the party pool. There is also a RS section to the beach whatever you want RS would make it happen on the beach.
We ate at the buffet twice, once for lunch and once for breakfast...and never again. For breakfast eat at La Palapa, for lunch eat at the Grill or the Sunset Grill and for dinner try every restaurant on the resort, Mole (fantastic), teppanyaki (weak), Fuego (amazing, except the service was horrible. expect to get your own drinks), Vento (fantastic and amazing service! I think our server was Alberto. he was fabulous!), The Market, (it's ok. lots of meat), The Grill (dinner and lunch had different menus both worthy to explore).
Our butler was Neftali and he was fantastic! Whatever we wanted he made it happen. He also would prepare the jetted tub and one night he prepared the bath tub with rose petals. He would also set up all of our restaurant rsvp's and spa apts. He would check up on us three time a day to make sure we were ok.
The beach was ok, it wasn't bad. if you walk north you will find a cenote or hole with cold water spilling into the ocean. If you walk south you will find international Mamita's beach which is only 3/4 of a mile. It's really cool that that Downtown Playa del Carmen is only a 1.5 miles away.
Over all it was AMAZING!!!! Do it and go! and add Royal Service!!

Room Tip: The swim-up rooms don't connect to the main pool. Get RS and get a room with a pool view secon...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank heck23
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear guest,

It is pleasant to read we surpassed your expectations for the second time, now at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla-Royal Service and were delighted by LUXEclusive plan, in which you just have to focus on living the experience and enjoying our “Pure Freedom” philosophy.
Staying at Royal Service you have some extra attributes and amenities, like you described, which could be the difference for “just a holyday in México” or “I was in Paradise!”. We are glad you got the second one during your stay at Paradisus.

It will be always a pleasure to welcome you back and provide you more unforgettable experiences!

Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,844)
  • Hebrew first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We had originally be booked into this Hotel from the 20th May until the 23rd May, we had booked this Hotel way in advance & had been looking forward to it for the most part of our Trip. The Trip was Booked via Booking.com

We had booking the Luxury Junior Swim Up Suite. So after a long day of Travelling we had finally arrived at the Paradisus La Perla, once we arrived our Surname was called by the Bell Staff, we were also travelling with another couple & the Bell Staff did not call there last name. Non the Less we proceeded to the Reception area where we were Told that the Hotel was overbooked & that they were going to send us to there Affiliate Four Diamond Resort in Cancun, we declined the offer as we deemed it to be of a Lesser Standard & Quality to the Paradisus La Perla.

We asked the Hotel if they would be able to do anything regarding placing us in another Room for the night etc, The Hotel Staff were rude & not to mention miserable, the Hotel Manager was finally called he advised us that the best that they could do was send us to the Affiliate Hotel. I explained that the Reservation was made through Booking.com, they then proceeded to tell us that Booking.com was a fraudulent Travel Agency & that we needed to contact them that it was there error, they also tried to say that there was not enough Numbers in the Reservation number. Although what was making this situation even worse it that I had contacted Booking.com & the Hotel, to try & pay for our Accomodation in advance & I was told it was best to wait until our arrival, there was also correspondence between the Hotel & Booking.com regarding a upgrade to the Royal Service & for the staff at the Paradisus La Perla including the Manager to say that there was no reservation or correspondence is ridiculous.

One of the Hotel Staff also finally admitted that they had been waiting our arrival so that they were able to ship us off to the Affiliate Hotel. Where is the Customer Service? I would of appreciated a email or phone call prior to our arrival so we could of made the appropriate changes to our plans.

After approximately 4Hours & quite possibly the worst start to our First Time in Mexico, we ended up booking an Additional 3 Nights at the Live Aqua Cancun, I honestly cannot Thank this resort enough for the amazing Hospitality & Service. Staying at the Live Aqua in the end cost us more, although I can thank Booking.com for covering the Distance.

I would urge anyone who is considering staying at this pathetic excuse of a resort to seriously consider other options in the surrounding areas.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Cassandra S
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at Paradisus Playa del Carmen.

As service-oriented company, we have a firm devotion to accomplish our guest’s satisfaction; therefore, we are really sorry that you could not enjoy your vacations in our property due to overbooking. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced. Be sure that we will take corrective actions in order to avoid this situation and always provide satisfactory experiences to all our tourists that honor us with their visit.

It is possible we will not be able to recover your confidence to our brand, but we sincerely hope to have another opportunity to redeem ourselves in your eyes and welcome you back to our property. This time we will show you the real Paradisus experience.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My wife and I are frequent travelers. In recent years, we have visited St. John, St. Thomas, Puerto Rico, Barbados, Cozumel, and the Bahamas. In addition, we have cruised the Easter Carribbean. So, I feel qualifed to assess hotels, etc. We had tried an "all inclusive" in the Bahamas which is a Sandals resort. I reported on that stay last year. It was terrible - the food, the service, etc. In fact, I was very specific in my complaints (please refer to that review on Sandals made about September of 2013). However, Parsdisus is another story. The grounds are unbelievable. In fact, the grounds and buildings are, in some ways, more striking than the photos. We had the basis room and it was more than adequate. The service was outstanding. When by the pool area, you only need to look in the direction of the waiters/waitresses and one came over. I believe that I was asked if I needed a refreshment about every 15 minutes. The food where I was most concerned given that many all inclusives do not do a good job in the food department. The Paradisus has ten or more restaurants - upscale Mexican, Asian fusion, grill, etc. Our favorite was Fuego and Mole. Both were outstanding. I am not saying the others were bad, but these two were wonderful. All of the liquor was top shelf. I especially liked the Blue Agave bar (specializes in Tequila drinks). The place is divided into an adult side and family (with children) side. While I did not utilize some of the amenities, I know they exist. For example, I attempted to scuba dive (I'm certified) at the Sandals in the Bahamas for 3 days. I was met with numerous obstacles and could never schedule a dive. One inquiry at Paradisus was met with "when would you like to dive?" It was that easy. Everyone we met was just as enthusiastic as we were. I'd like to address a few other issues raised by reviewers. One, the short drive off the main road and into the grounds passes an area or two that is not the best that Mexico has to offer. Don't worry about this. I've been in similar areas in Cozumel going to eat at a "locals" restaurant and have never had any problems. Secondly, they don't sell time shares - its something different and if you dont' want it tell them so. However, my wife and I did go on a tour and after reviewing the offer, made a purchase. You'll have to go on a tour to understand what it is, but its not a time share. All in all, a great vacation. Wanting to go back asap.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank houston1949
Dear Guest,

It is an honor for us to receive your review on Trip Advisor even when you are a frequent traveler. This means you really thought it would be worthily to share your experience from your stay at Paradisus La Perla with other tourists, affirming that Paradisus Playa del Carmen is the best all inclusive resort you have ever been. Our LUXEclusive plan distinguish us from other all-inclusive hotels, with our wide variety and quality in restaurants and bars options, beautiful facilities and excellent service where our guests just have to relax and get an unforgettable experience.

Thank you for becoming a Club Meliá member and we hope to welcome you back in a near future to make more travel memories!

Folkston, Georgia
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My family and I were there July 3rd - July 7th for my niece wedding The Browns and we had a blast. The food was great, the staff outstanding, the service phenomenal!!!! There was nothing wrong the scenery was breath taking as well as the grounds and location. We only had an issue when we were coming from dinner Friday night in the La Palapa and my father fell coming out of the restaurant on the slippery stair. We had to take care of him majority of the trip which put a damper on our time there and use a wheelchair to get around the facility. He eventually had to see the onsite doctor and receive a shot for pain and inflammation in his knee so we really weren't able to take him to the beach and he spent majority of his time in his room. The staff was very helpful and attentive to us and our needs especially your Guest Service Manager Ambar Delgado. She was so polite and so caring about our situation and understood our issues. I also had the pleasure of meeting your Hotel Manager Annette Koelemeij at dinner Saturday night and she was very warm, inviting, and open to any concerns, recommendations, and feedback that we had about the hotel. I JUST WANT TO STATE THIS PLACE IS AWESOME PLEASE GO VISIT!!!!! Thanks to the great staff for a great vacation and wedding.

Thanks Karen M

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Karen M
Dear Karen M,

Thank you for sharing your Paradisus experience with us and with future tourist.

We are pleased to know you enjoyed the food quality and variety in most of our restaurants, the facilities and the attentive service provided by Ms. Ambar Delgado and Mrs. Annette Koelemeij. They will be advised about your kind works, and we are sure that your notes will motivate them to continue pampering all our guests the same way they did it with you and specially with your father.

Once again, thank you so much for staying with us, and we look forward to taking care of you during your next stay!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 8 July 2014

• Some of the most beautiful and vast hotel grounds I've seen
• Delicious food, with a wide range of choices
• Beautiful, spacious rooms
• The beach was nice but could've been a bit better
• Excellent poolside lounging and snacking

Overall a phenomenal experience end-to-end

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Roman N
Dear guest,

We are content to hear you found everything you were looking for at the resort. Of course this means our LUXEclusive plan , beautiful facilities, delicious food, great suites and nice beach and pool areas fitted your expectations.

We will be waiting for your return to our little piece of Paradise.

Mont-Saint-Hilaire, Canada
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We return trip, made ​​from 21 to 28 June 2014 the most beautiful. This trip was the most welcoming and we did. The suites are beautiful and unbelievable size, large shower for two and Zen Deco ... The bed was super comfortable. We had fresh towels twice a day ... The site is also very beautiful, and the restaurant are very good, our favorite is La Palapa and the Vento. The best place for lunch is where the server is Rogelio, nice and smiling rider, it is one of the best, and he makes good desserts. I can say that all the staff are A1, whether in restaurants, bars or lobby with Carmen, Karla, Maya and Ambar with their pretty smiles and good listening to your requests and questions. I have only good words and memories, especially the dessert fondant au chocolat, a pure delight ...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Guest,

It is magnificent when we know through your notes that our principal goal was achieved, your entire satisfaction after enjoying all that Paradisus offers.

Thank you for letting us that you were delighted by our beautiful facilities, the delicious plates and desserts at our restaurants, especially at La Palapa and Vento; and most of all the professional and warm service provided by Rogelio, Carmen ,Karla, Maya and Ambar. Your comments made us even prouder of our staff, we recognize those who put everything to their day to day, we highly appreciate the love, care and dedication shown to their work; this is what makes us different and what makes possible to exceed our guests expectations. We will surely congratulate them in your behalf.

We are certain that your next vacations at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla will be full of unforgettable memories like the first one.

Quebec, Canada
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My vacancy in your hotel was fabulous. I loved the drink and the meat was delicious. This is a very beautiful place and the staff was very good and nice. There one person in particular that I liked, and his name is Rogelio Matos. He is a perfect waiter and he is very funny and a good cook. We loved him. We will return one day. The room was PERFECT. Seriously this is a perfect place. We loved the last breakfast that Rogelio make to us.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear guest,

We are pleased to know that you were able to live the Paradisus experience and you loved it. Rogelio Matos have been informed about your recognition to his outstanding service. He is a true example of the warm service we strive to provide everyday in our resort.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience in Trip Advisor and we will be waiting for your prompt return.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa del Carmen
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Es...
#33 of 214 in Playa del Carmen
4.5 of 5 bubbles 6,739 reviews
Royal Hideaway Playacar
Royal Hideaway Playacar
#32 of 214 in Playa del Carmen
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,973 reviews
Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hotel
Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hot...
#49 of 214 in Playa del Carmen
Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita
Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita
#4 of 25 in Puerto Morelos
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,199 reviews

Been to Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla? Share your experiences!