This has been my second stay in a Paradisus hotel, but my first at La Perla and OMG! it was amazing!! Four of us stayed at this resort for seven days and we opted for the royal service. One room had a mangrove/sea view and the other had a pool view. All the rooms had a jetted tub on the balcony, huge bathrooms with a huge tub, sitting area, bedroom, stocked minifrig, coffee maker(nespresso).
With Royal service we had access to La Palapa restaurant which is to die for!! We had breakfast at La Palapa everyday except for one day. Everything is fresh and cooked to order. If you wanted to try multiple things they would make it happen! They're juices are freshly made! Royal service also allowed us to use the RS pool which was amazing! very quite, calm and not the party pool. There is also a RS section to the beach whatever you want RS would make it happen on the beach.
We ate at the buffet twice, once for lunch and once for breakfast...and never again. For breakfast eat at La Palapa, for lunch eat at the Grill or the Sunset Grill and for dinner try every restaurant on the resort, Mole (fantastic), teppanyaki (weak), Fuego (amazing, except the service was horrible. expect to get your own drinks), Vento (fantastic and amazing service! I think our server was Alberto. he was fabulous!), The Market, (it's ok. lots of meat), The Grill (dinner and lunch had different menus both worthy to explore).
Our butler was Neftali and he was fantastic! Whatever we wanted he made it happen. He also would prepare the jetted tub and one night he prepared the bath tub with rose petals. He would also set up all of our restaurant rsvp's and spa apts. He would check up on us three time a day to make sure we were ok.
The beach was ok, it wasn't bad. if you walk north you will find a cenote or hole with cold water spilling into the ocean. If you walk south you will find international Mamita's beach which is only 3/4 of a mile. It's really cool that that Downtown Playa del Carmen is only a 1.5 miles away.
Over all it was AMAZING!!!! Do it and go! and add Royal Service!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla is a hotel catering to the discerning all-inclusive traveler. With 58 swim-up suites, opulent furnishings, and international cuisine prepared by award-winning chefs, this adults-only hotel is a crowd pleaser. Rooms feature special touches like deep soaker tubs and rainfall showers. Marble floors, flat-screen TVs, Minibar, in-room safe, free Wi-Fi, coffee maker, bathrobes and slippers, cable TV service and a DVD/CD player compliment the trendy interior design. Stay active with water sports like aqua aerobics, yoga, zumba and volleyball, or visit the spacious fitness facility. The Spa offers a wet and dry sauna($). Try a different menu every night with 14 restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Melia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HRS, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Perla Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Perla Mexico/Riviera Maya