“Breathless”

Ranked #20 of 214 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Royal service is really worthy.. Staff is very pleasant and kind. I didnt know mexican and they surprised me how kind and happy they are hosting tourists. Im to be here and hopefully come back many times to Mexico. Congrats chicos! Luego..

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Daniel P
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Dear guest,

We are happy to hear that your stay was exceptional and you received outstanding service that is to be expected of the Meliá brand. We pride ourselves on providing friendly, Mexican hospitality in a relaxing atmosphere.

Thank you for your kind comments and for granting us with the opportunity to host you again.

Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla

Write a ReviewReviews (9,279)

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Our trip was for a week and it was more than we could ask for. We had Royal Service swim up suite and it was to die for! Loved the music and the water was very nice. My husband and I haven't swam so much in years,lol. The food was Great and so was the beach. I would have to say that the butler service was touch and go for a couple days but then he started to wow us. However, our room seemed to get cleaned several times a day. We thought ok at first until we came back one day to find security in our room saying the safe was open and we needed to make sure everything was there. Thank god my husband made me take all the cash and cards with us that day!! Anyway, back to housekeeping coming to our room more than 4 times in one day to clean. We thought it was just the norm until we made great friends with two other couples whom said that they only had it cleaned maybe 2 times a day. Then the last night we were there I must admit I turned up early and go sick. They came and cleaned and we paid them in cash because we know it was a hard job. However, people do it all the time because it's an all inclusive. That night we had a call saying that our smoke detector was going off and that we should not be smoking. My husband advised we don't smoke and they could come check. They did and it was nothing but it just made us feel like it was something more going on. My husband has tattoos just about everywhere you can see except his face and neck. We think this and the fact that he is Mexican that they thought he was into something that he nor I was. We always tipped very well and was very nice to everyone but we really felt like we were judged in appearance. Our concerns were voiced to our agent who contacted the resort who just threw in our face that we could have been charged for me getting sick but they didn't. They never acknowledged our concerns they just told her about me getting sick that one day. We were so shocked at there response and with that said customer service was poor in this regard.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lavonda B

Dear guest,

First, thank you for taking the time to share your Paradisus experience, and for letting us know your opinion about some aspects that you liked and some others that bothered you during your stay.

Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences you had during different moments and situations with our personnel. Be sure that your notes have been sent to the managers of each involved area and corrective actions will be taken to avoid future situations like the ones you have shared with us.

Even though you had some difficulties during your stay, we are glad you were delighted by the special amenities and services at the Royal Service section, the comfort in your swim-up room and your gastronomic experience at our a la carte restaurants.

Thank you again for sharing your point of view and we really appreciate if you give us a second opportunity to visit us again at Paradisus Playa del Carmen.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

My Wife and I stayed at La Perla in July this year and found it absolutely amazing. We opted for the Royal service which was indeed Royal. The royal service customers had their own pool an exclusive restaurant and a private section of beach, among many other little extras. When we return we will opt for this service again because it was well worth the extra cost.
All the restaurants were fantastic some were not to our taste but that was simply our choice in food and in no way reflective of the restaurant itself.
The staff were friendly and very eager to help, Alberto who was the waiter at the royal service pool was outstanding and deserves special mention.
I could go on at great lengths about how good it is but it simply will not do it justice JUST GO you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Ger1340

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing with us your Paradisus Royal Service experience and for highlighting the special amenities and services; without excluding the outstanding work from all the staff, especially from Alberto, who will be informed about your kind words and surely he will be glad to know he was a significant part from your overall vacation.

We will be waiting for your return to our little piece of Paradise.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

This hotel is seriously amazing!!!!...I love it!!...my husband and I were blowed away by everything. Everyone is so polite and attentive. Food and drinks were great. Our room and room service was amazing. This is the perfect place to just relax.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Diana Carolina L
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your concrete review from your Paradisus experience, affirming that you had a amazing time with us, enjoying our facilities, the great food and drinks, the service of our staff and everything offered at Paradise.

Thank you again for your kind words and for your preference. It would be fantastic for us to provide you another relaxing getaway!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Very pleased with the Property and staff. The staff was always pleasant and willing to help out at any time. The property was very well maintained and cleaned. I highly recommend going to Playa Del Carmen La Perla if you are looking for an enjoyable stay.....

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Cindy U

Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us.

It is magnificent when we know through your notes that our principal goal was achieved, your entire satisfaction after enjoying all that Paradisus offers.

We would love to host you again in the future.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

As we said to me by our cab driver. You are staying at one of the nicest if not the nicest hotel is all of Playa and he was absolutely correct. I stayed here last year for Birthday and I still remember the aroma therapy smell. The place is so relaxing and beautiful i never wanted to leave. We did several excursions for the first few days and the remaining days were spent hanging out at the royal service pool or relaxing in our rooms. Nights were spent dining at various restaurants or just walking around and viewing the beautiful hotel scenery. I remember getting frequent golf cart rides back to the royal service side since it was so far from the main hotel. I always tipped and never felt pressured. My only issue was I wasn't blown away with the food, we had butler service on the royal service side and even at la palapa the food never really blew me away but i think thats a Mexico problem and not really related to the hotel. Its something in the water..

With that said, in the area, i don't think there is a better hotel around.

Room Tip: all room are good, get high floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jason L

Dear Guest,

We are glad to read the positive impression that Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla left on you after your stay last year. Thank you very much for appreciating our facilities, the aromatherapy, and most of all the anticipated service all the staff provides.

We will feel honored if you decide to come back and enjoy again of our Paradise!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

My stay was incredible. The royal service was totally worth it, our butler Giselle was a lifesaver. She was on top of every detail and accommodation on our trip. I unfortunately had a crown on my top row of teeth randomly break off and she referred me to a local dentist who spoke great English and he gave me a temporary crown that looked as good as the original one, it took less than an hour round trip and was very inexpensive. t saved our trip !!!!! I can' wait to go back to Paradiso La Perla and I would highly recommend Giselle as your butler!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank James T

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comment regarding the outstanding service provided by Giselle at Royal Service. We will transfer your comments to her, who surely will be happy to read your recognition to her service vocation. We are proud to count with employees like her, customer oriented.

We appreciate your recommendation to future tourists to stay at Paradisus and enjoy the extra amenities and services offered at Royal Service. It will be an honor to host you again.