“Nice all inclusive Resort Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla

Ranked #19 of 212 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Torreon
“Nice all inclusive Resort Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

We just had a family vacation in Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla which is the family friendly part of the hotel. It is a big property, we had a very nice room with two jacuzzis, two showers, our room had direct access to the pool, the room was excellent, one of the best we have stayed in a beach property. The hotel beach is ok, towels are available everywhere without the trouble of having to register them, etc... The hotel has several good restaurants you have to make reservations for dinner, we thought Bana (Asian) was the best. The only downside is that the beach is next to a public beach and it is not always clean and it gets a little crowded.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first floor with direct access to the pool.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us.

We are glad to know you found everything you were looking for at the resort. Of course this means our LUXEclusive plan and attentive service fitted your expectations.

We are proud that you and your family have had a memorable stay at Paradisus and we hope to host you again in the near future.

Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,776)
  • Hebrew first
Marbella, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

I don't think I mentioned enough
In my previous post. Our room upgrade was very impressive. From a standard room we got a room with a huge living room, jacuzzi, nice terrace and beautiful view. The poolside and the beach was great. The pool bar was our place to go in the day and the food by the pool - delicious!!

We love eating good food and we enjoyed it so much. Definitely a hotel to come back to!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Danbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

This was an amazing experience for my boyfriend and I. We were both so impressed with how friendly everyone was. It doesn’t matter who was passing you, everyone smiled and said hola! After a couple days most of the people around the resort learned our names, which was even more enjoyable saying hi to people as you walked around. We ended up not booking with the Royal Service which we didn’t regret at all. One of the main things I remember noticing was that the certain portion of the beach that was reserved to RS members, was also the worst section of the beach. The sand was the same all the way across, I mean once you stepped in to the water. It’s dark with a lot of rocks which makes it really hard to walk without wondering what unknown creature or plant life you’re sticking your toes in. Further down the beach where the rest of the members can go, there were much less rocks which left the water looking clearer and that classic Caribbean color you see in pictures. The water on the RS side was dark because of the rocks unfortunately.

I’ve read other people’s reviews and found that there were complaints about children. The only part of the resort that’s combined on both sides are the restaurants. So yes you’ll see families and may be seated next to someone with bratty children at dinner, but then you can retreat back to the La Perla side with no worries.

Even though we went during the high season and the resort was booked, it never felt like it was over crowded or busy. The food, oh the food. It was so delicious at all the restaurants we went to. The Market was our favorite. We did have minor issues with the AC in our room, which would be as cold as we wanted it to be during the day, but at night we couldn’t seem to get the room cooler than the low 70’s. Someone came up right away and tinkered the thermostat which seemed to do the trick. We also ordered room service one night, and it took over an hour for a plate of penne with marinara sauce to make its way up to us, but that’s honestly the only less than perfect moments on the trip.

Overall the people stood out the most to us. Everyone was so nice, courteous, helpful, genuinely interested in us having a good time and finding any way they can offer suggestions of things to do in the area. We most certainly expect to come back again sometime in the future!

Room Tip: The Swim up rooms could be good or bad depending on who you are. During the day they play loud hous...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Carrie M
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Guest,

We want to thank you for sharing with other tourists and with us your experience at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla.

It is a real satisfaction for us to know that you have enjoyed our nice facilities, the excellent food at our restaurants without excluding the warm service from our personnel.

Regarding Room Service, we have sent your notes to the Food and Beverage management. Please be sure they will work on this aspect in order to improve our service.

It will be always a pleasure to welcome you back, and you can be sure that we will never cease in our efforts to constantly improve the quality of services provided.

Marbella, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

I do not know even where to begin this review. Everything was just so amazing, romantic, thrilling and delicious. From the food, to the room until the poolside and the beach - I can't stop remembering all the memories. We also did two activities. One was a night out in coco bongo where we loved the show and our never ending margertias.

The other activity was a trip on a catamaran to Las Islas Mujeres and the journey was beautiful. Clear water. They stopped in the middle to do some snorkeling. I do not enjoy it so much so for me it was nothing special. My boyfriend however did have the chance to go and he said it was really pretty but that the one that he went to close to the hotel was much more beautiful.

The restaurants to choose from in the hotel were endless and all of them so good. It is one of the main reasons we would really love to come back for since we did not have the change to try all. The service everywhere was great and we felt good the entire stay there.

The only problem I had was the jetlag but that is normal when you fly from Europe. It did not stop us from having an amazing time.

Overall it was one of the best experiences of my life and whenever I think back on this holiday I smile from ear to ear.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Blanek1
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for selecting us as a destination for your vacation.

We appreciate you highlighted our LUXEclusive plan that distinguish us from other all inclusive hotels, with our wide variety and quality in restaurants, where our guests never get bored and enjoy every single meal.

It will be always a pleasure to welcome you back and provide you more unforgettable experiences!

Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

We bought a 7 night 8 day stay and Paradisus La Perla and we a bit skeptical, but the hotel exceeded our expectations. Amazing rooms, great food, awesome service. Beautiful, clean, well kept. Loved it!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

4 Thank Emily L
Dear guest,

It has been a pleasure for all of us to host you and we are happy to know that you had an incredible stay based on everything you found in Paradisus: our LUXEclusive plan, amazing rooms, good food and great service.

Thank you for your comments and we hope you visit us again in the near future.

Playa Del Carmen
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Read others reviews they were right! If your looking for an adult only all inclusive resort this place is not for you right now. This resort is two resorts in one adult only and family but youshare activities and resteraunts. I called before going because I saw meationed of this on the reviews but they fibed. did talk to a manger and she's going to work on the kinks.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

2 Thank NMDR1010
Dear guest,

Thank you for your notes.

We are disappointed to hear that your experience with us did not live up to your expectations and would like to extend our sincerest apologies.

Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

My wife and I spent 10 days at Paradisus La Perla. We chose a Junior Suite in Royal Service (RS). I was very pleased with our stay. Overall I'd rate this resort as excellent.

The first thing I'd like to mention is that the people working at the resort are incredible, and their attention to detail is what sets this place apart from many other all-inclusives. This quality became apparent immediately upon our arrival. We arrived around noon, and our room was understandably not ready yet. Lazaro, our butler (a personal concierge included in Royal Service) had already made plans for us to have lunch at La Palapa. Instead of letting us just fend for ourselves we were shown to the restaurant, and had a nice leisurely lunch while our room was being prepared.
The Blue Agave Bar quickly became our favorite place to have a pre (and post) dinner drink because the amazing bartenders Usias and Marco were not only very skilled at making drinks, but they made us feel welcomed and at ease. These guys are very knowledgeable about tequila and mezcal, and provided us with some really good drinks. After a couple nights and some friendly conversation they knew what we wanted better than we did ourselves. On top of all that they were also working hard at making drinks for the restaurant orders, taking care of guests at the bar, and helping greatly with my attempts at conversing in Spanish. I can't say enough good things about Marco and Usias. We hope to see them both again at Blue Agave.

My wife and I are what you'd call foodies. Up until now I had pretty much given up on all-inclusive food. Paradisus has now set the standard for us. The food is not only good by resort standards, it is as good as many fine dining restaurants we've been to. It's not always perfect, but they more often than not get it just right with flavor, technique, and plating. We stayed away from the buffets and ate at the a la carte restaurants. Fuego, Bana, and Mole were our favorites. The menus are varied and interesting with a lot of exciting choices to keep food lovers happy. I have been told, as a broad generalization, that Mexicans aren't really into desserts like Americans are. I had exactly two good desserts out of many attempts. Those soggy, thawed out cakes aren't fooling me. That's okay. The other food more than made up for it, but I thought it worth mentioning in case anyone from the food service reads this.

I don't give good reviews of pools and beaches. Maybe I'm too forgiving. There is an ocean abutting some really nice sand. We walked on it extensively, and enjoyed it. The RS pool was very nice, uncrowded, and a good temperature. The other pools were too loud or crowded for my tastes, but this is a personal preference, and we were not looking to share a pool with children. I can say that if you are looking for a little less "excitement" around the pool you'll need to go with Royal Service for sure. So there is sun, sand, and water all within shouting distance of a bar - pool/beach review complete.

Just a quick mention about an amenity that a lot of people may not care about. If you are unfortunate enough to need a reliable internet connection for work or school while you're there, the WiFi at Paradisus is phenomenal compared to other places we've stayed. I had a strong signal almost everywhere I went.

The question of whether Royal Service is worth it or not seems to come up quite a bit. For us the answer is a definite yes. Many of the things that come with RS are important to us and worth the extra money. Having a "butler" to just generally take care of little things like dinner reservations for example was very nice. The RS lounge and private check in were both appreciated. The adults-only pool, and adults-only a la carte breakfast and lunch at La Palapa was worth it alone. I'd look at the things RS gets you, and see if they're important to you.

We've traveled/eaten/drank a fair bit in many different places, and I'd say that as a whole Paradisus if a fine place to spend a week or two. It's definitely one of the best all-inclusive resorts in this price range. Thank you to all the hard working people who made our stay so enjoyable

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Robert P
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience during your recent visit at Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla.

We are glad to receive reviews from our guests where there express their gratitude to some of our staff members that were a significant part of their complete experience, like Lázaro form the Royal Service and Usias and Marco at Blue Agave bar. All of them will receive your notes to motivate them to continue pampering our guests.