Many others have exhaustively reviewed this resort, so I will concentrate on the things that other people have not mentioned about La Perla. I visited the resort in May with my adult family. Yes, it's true that the resort is beautiful and completely spotless. The staff is fabulous, nice and willing to help in any way they can. Although tipping is supposedly included in the all--inclusive price, we regularly tipped staff that went above the call of duty.
The La Perla complex is adult only, while the attached La Esmeralda resort allows kids. We thought the "vibe" at La Esmeralda was more fun; the main demographics at La Perla seemed to be newly-weds and older couples.
The quality of the food was highly variable. While we did not visit the Passion restaurant, our top pick was the Vento restaurant, which served up an outstandingly delicious, and inventive menu with great service from Alberto, if you have food allergies, make it very clear. The labeling on the foods in the majority of the restaurants is simple, and does not always cover all that is on offer. Our visit to Mole, the Mexican themed restaurant, was a disaster because a family member who has a serious allergy to nuts and peanuts was served a dish with a mole sauce that triggered his allergy. We had told the waiter up-front about the allergy. We had to call a doctor (the resort had one on-call) and waited until 11pm to get a prescription. Despite this communications failure, the resort responded in an impressively organized manner: at alt the next and subsequent restaurant visits the chef and restaurant manager came table side to personally go over allergy issues in detail. Still, the incident marred an otherwise pleasant vacation.
The Yhi Spa, while a little pricy, was a great experience. In fact, the whole family used their services. A word of warning, the price list in the rooms does not actually represent the actual prices of the services in the spa. Go to the spa lobby and ask for the correct pricing.
The beach was nice, and we never experienced any problem getting beach chairs or umbrellas. Be warned – much of it is rocky – ask the attendants where it’s safe to wade.
The resort is not suited to people with disabilities or those with movement impairments. While most parts of the resort are wheelchair accessible, there is the occasional wooden bridge or steep ramp that would bring a wheelchair user to a screeching halt. There are no protective raised borders around the sunken pools. The suites have no “grab bars” in the bathrooms or toilets. The flooring is marble, and many doors are made of heavy glass. A better choice for anyone with a physical disability would be one of the American chains in the Hotel Zone north of Cancun that comply with American ADA standards.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla is a hotel catering to the discerning all-inclusive traveler. With 58 swim-up suites, opulent furnishings, and international cuisine prepared by award-winning chefs, this adults-only hotel is a crowd pleaser. Rooms feature special touches like deep soaker tubs and rainfall showers. Marble floors, flat-screen TVs, Minibar, in-room safe, free Wi-Fi, coffee maker, bathrobes and slippers, cable TV service and a DVD/CD player compliment the trendy interior design. Stay active with water sports like aqua aerobics, yoga, zumba and volleyball, or visit the spacious fitness facility. The Spa offers a wet and dry sauna($). Try a different menu every night with 14 restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Melia, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HRS, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Perla Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Perla Mexico/Riviera Maya