“Terrible meal and service”
Review of Kool Fish Restaurant - CLOSED

Kool Fish Restaurant
Price range: US$2 - US$33
Cuisines: Caribbean, Mexican, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We were very disappointed in this restaurant. We went here because of the many good reviews on TA however we did not have the same experience. The food was very tasteless and not every warm. Plus the margaritas barely had any tequila in them. When we complained to the server he seems very put off and it was difficult to get his attention when we wanted something. However when the bill came he pointed out to us several times that the tip was not included which was very funny because he really did not deserve much of a tip. This was by far our worst meal in playa this year and we do not recommend this restaurant. There are so many great restaurants is playa and this is definitely not one of them.

1  Thank esamlen

Reviewed 27 March 2014

My boyfriend and I were hungry for good seafood and we found it here. The service was friendly and the margaritas were excellent. We have to go home soon, but not before having another excellent meal at Kool Fish.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Search no further if you are looking for awesome seafood and fabulous frozen Margaritas! After two visits a few days apart, can guarantee you will be happy to try Kool Fish! I enjoyed the coconut shrimp and especially enjoyed the lighly breaded fried shrimp - jumbo size and absolutely awesome! My husband also enjoyed the fresh catch of the day, which happened to be grouper on the first visit and red snapper on the second, Did I mention the fabulous Frozen margaritas?!! And also have to mention the terrific service and hospitable friendliness of our host, Jesus. Need I say more? Your loss if you don't try Kool Fish!

Reviewed 20 March 2014

While walking, we stopped at Kool Fish to read the menu. Lobster caught my wife's eye and the Fillet Pil Pil caught mine. Our waitress (and I am going to write it incorrectly for which I apologize) Rosario was fun, funny and a real pleasure. The food was first rate and reasonably priced. The habanero sauce was incredibly good and HOT!!! I can't believe people walked by this place. If you get to Playa make sure to have a meal at Kool Fish. It is worth it.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Lovely dinner starting with very generous and fresh ceviche
Followed by whole Red Snapper
My wife got the pil pil- delicious grouper
Charming service from Jesus