“Yum - Wish I could eat it now” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Curry Omm

Curry Omm
Reserve with OpenTable
Curry Omm is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #145 of 1,217 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Kids, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: AV aviacion y 3 sur
Transit: Taxi
Description: We are a small Indian restaurant in Playa, the only one offering a selection of Authentic Indian vegetarian and meat dishes, from Bombay Aloo & Dhal to Chicken Tikka Masala & Lamb Vondaloo. Open Monday to Saturday from 5.00 To 9.20 Pm Please NOTE: We will be closed from Aug 20th to Sep 29th. We will reopen on Sep 30th at 5.0pm.
“Yum - Wish I could eat it now”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

This place was sooo nice! Sadly we found this with about a week left of our holiday but it was that nice that we returned 2 nights later! The owners are both really nice, polite, they come and make sure everything's okay and have a little chat. The food was really good, we defiantly would of gone more if we had found it earlier! If your away and missing a curry then go, you won't be disappointed! Cost us about what it does at home, maybe abit cheaper. Thanks for 2 enjoyable nights.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Kirsti3

• Hebrew first
“Am I in India?...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Amazing food! I haven't even tried the entrees yet and I still think this is the world's best Indian restaurant outside of India. Almost as good as my mom's Indian food. I think it should get 5^infinity stars.

2 Thank rajiv g
Tampico, Tamaulipas, Mexico
“Boutique Indian selling hand crafted curries”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

A little treasure in Playa. Simple, but delicious menu - not over ambitious or over whelming for the uninitiated. Some surprisingly delcious desert treats. Great gluten free options, and to top it off, home blended organic spice mixes to take home with you.

Happy place:)

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Mathew R
Abergavenny
“Amazing food, amazing service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Being a Brit and living in Mexico, I love to have a curry! After living in Mexico on and off for over 3 years I make 2 or 3 trips a month to Curry Omm! Harry and Claudia are the nicest hosts that you can ask for. As for the food........ It is fantastic. I'm shocked to see a negative review on here and I would advise you to completely ignore it. After all the times I have eaten there, I can say that it is always fresh, full of flavour and definitely not microwaved!!!! The Tikka Masala is always top of my list and I will always visit Curry Omm. Thanks to Harry and Claudia for your hospitality and amazing food! Will see you again next week.

Visited June 2014
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Wonderful evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

We had the pleasure of eating in this delightful little place last year.

My boyfriend and I are a couple from the midlands.......we went to the restaurant and tried to converse in our poor broken Spanish to the owner, we found it so funny when he turned around and spoke to us with a Black country accent......he was from Dudley. He was a really lovely guy and made us very welcome as did his beautiful wife.

We had the most delicious meal here, really authentic, good quality food. I highly recommend this place for something a bit different. its located off the main strip which meant the prices reasonable. Best onion bhajis ever!!

• Visited July 2013