“One word...........AMAZING!”
Review of Riviera Adventours

Riviera Adventours
Ranked #6 of 374 Tours in Playa del Carmen
More attraction details
Owner description: Rejuvenate your body, clear your mind and lift your spirit when you reconnect with your senses while you join us as we explore the waters and jungle of the Riviera Maya. In which ever expedition you choose, you will have the opportunity to de-stress, reconnect with your senses and get into your element - it will be an experience of a lifetime that you will never forget! With over (31) years experience exploring the Yucatan Peninsula, our expeditions will give you the opportunity to get to know the wonderful Riviera Maya on a personal basis. We are a local small family business. We offer you private and or small group Expeditions. Our tours are a more rewarding and personal experience, including Small and/or Personal tours which include Swimming with the Turtles; swimming in a beautiful Natural Aquarium amongst a large variety of Tropical fish; a trip into the mysterious Mineral filled depths of one of the World's Largest Underground River and Cave Systems, Snorkeling in the Mesoamerican Coral Reef; visiting the ancient mystical and awe inspiring Tulum, Coba, Chichen Itza and Ek Balam Mayan ruins; or snorkel amongst the Whale Sharks for a surreal, once in a lifetime experience; immerse yourself within the peaceful and tranquil serenity of the Sian Ka'an Biosphere or visit the Flamingos at Rio Lagartos. All of our Expeditions include a minimum of four locations each (Most others are two locations for the same price), Fruit, Coffee and a Pastry in the morning, Snacks, Cold Beer, Water, Juice, Soft Drinks throughout the day, Lunch and Round-trip Air-conditioned Transportation and top notch dive quality snorkel equipment. Most of our tours include a (4) course meal at the World Famous “Oscar & Lalo Restaurant, Bar & Grill”. We can also provide you with a private or custom expedition for any of our tours and activities. We look forward to sharing this beautiful paradise with you and having an other Amazing day! Relax and let us be your guide!
Dayton
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“One word...........AMAZING!”
Reviewed 8 December 2011

This was one action packed, amazing and memorable day! The large comfortable van ride (20 min?) from PDC with coffee and rolls was a great beginning to the day. Mi Novia and I were the only people in the Tankha eco / adventure park and did some zip lining, canoeing, swimming and snorkeling in a couple of cenotes... amazing. Then it was on to Dos Ojos (two eyes) cenote for swimming and snorkeling in a cave full of living stalactites / stalagmites...amazing. After a really fantastic lunch at Oscar y Lalo's it was off to the lagoon at Akumal for snorkeling in calm waters with many many beautiful fish....amazing. Then it was turtle time. Went to the beach at Akumal and swam and snorkeled with the turtles.......amazing. Thanks to Virginia and Francisco for a wonderful amazing day!

Visited December 2011
3 Thank Tbouy

denver, co
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Personal Attention, Professional and SO MUCH FUN!”
Reviewed 8 December 2011

We took the private tour to Chichen Itza with our family as well as my brother's family and had the trip of a lifetime! We were picked up right on time, we were treated with such warmth, respect, and attention, there is nothing that we went without for a minute. Our guide, Francisco, was very knowledgeable and answered questions about everything from Chichen Itza, Valladolid, the cenotes, Mayan history and culture to teaching some 'key phrases' in Spanish to our kids and letting us quiz him on ridiculous "what is it like in Mexico" questions. It's a long day from Playa del Carmen, but by the end of it, I almost felt like he was a part of our family. Francisco also took a ton of pictures during the day and emailed them to us before we'd even returned from our trip. They were fantastic and he did a great job of commemorating the day. Virginia was also an angel while setting up the tour (I changed dates, times and # of people no less than 5 times on her, and she couldn't have been nicer) as well as checking in with us throughout the day to make sure we were happy. Thank you for an amazing adventure - we couldn't have had a better time!

Eugene, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“I couldn't stop saying WOW!”
Reviewed 3 December 2011

My husband and I agree that the high point of our recent trip to the Playa Del Carmen area was our Tulum Xtreme tour with Francisco of Riviera Adventours. It was a full and active day of non-stop fun. I think that I must have said, "WOW," at least once every five minutes throughout the day, as we did one amazing thing after the other. Francisco was very dedicated to seeing that we had a memorable day. He is a wonderful host for the area and has an obvious love of nature, as well as the Mayan culture. It is like spending the day with a good friend, who knows all the best spots to go and the perfect time to get to each place to see it at its best.

We are in our fifties, so we wondered whether we would have the stamina for some of the activities listed on the Riviera Adventours website for the Tulum Xtreme tour. But because the tour groups are small, you get a lot of personal attention, encouragement and support. All the activities are very safe, but if you don't want to do something, there is no pressure to do it. For instance, when I went to get on the zip line, which began on a platform about fifteen feet above a lagoon, my fear of heights kicked in (I can get vertigo standing on a chair) and I just could not convince myself to do it. Francisco encouraged me to try it, but was completely supportive of my decision to not do it. So, I just watched my husband go on the zip line and we moved on to the next activity on the agenda.

When we read the reviews of Riviera Adventours on Trip Advisor, we wondered how they could have so many five-star reviews. But after the tour, it is easy to see why.
Small groups
Personable, knowledgable guide
All equipment included - they provide very high quality snorkeling gear
All admission costs included
All transportation costs included
Healthy snacks
Meal at the highly-rated Oscar and Lalo restaurant

My husband and I are accountants and we are not sure how they can offer all that they do for such a modest cost. They could easily charge twice what they do and it would still be a bargain.

We loved the Tulum Xtreme tour so much that we signed up for the Sian Ka'an tour, too. Virginia was a our guide on this day and, like Francisco, she is just so gracious and kind that you feel as though you are traveling with a good friend. The Sian Ka'an tour is much more laid-back than the energetic Tulum Xtreme tour, but the two tours compliment each other beautifully. The trip to Sian Ka'an is timed so that you arrive at "Bird Island" just before sunset, as all the birds are flying in to roost for the night. It is a fantastic sight and my husband was in photographer heaven as he captured many wonderful shots in the warm glow of the fading sun.

We just could not say enough good things about this company. These tours are not to be missed! Thank you, Francisco and Virginia for making our trip to the area so memorable.

1 Thank Donna2256
Vamo, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The best tour made the vacation better!”
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We are so glad that our family booked with Riviera Adventours. We had the good fortune of going on two tours with them. One of them included the Chichen Itza ruins in Yucatan, which truly are one of the wonders of the world. It would have been well worth it to go see them with Riviera Adventours, but we also had the good fortune to go see the most beautiful cenote. We had a chance to swim in it and had a delicious lunch. We then stopped in the picturesque town of Valladolid, did some shopping, had an espresso and headed off. After the ruins we went to a magnificent giant Cenote. We did some snorkeling, had a delicious lunch and off we went. We then stopped at the picturesque colonial town of Valladolid, walked around for a bit and headed back to our hotel.

The other tour we went on was in Tulum, including the Tulum ruins. Followed by Zip lining and cliff jumping. That stop was followed up with the Dos Ojos cenotes, which exceeded all of my expectations. Last, but certainly not least, we had the good fortune of swimming with the turtles and in a natural lagoon in the Caribbean sea.

We had so much fun with Virginia, she is truly a one of a kind person and we look forward to booking another tour with her the next time we are in the Tulum area.

1 Thank stannerfl
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“THE HIGHLIGHT OF OUR TRIP!!! AMAZING!!!”
Reviewed 25 November 2011

My best friend and I did the snorkel tour on 11/15/11 with Fransisco. He was extremely fun, polite, courteous, knowledgable, and made us feel very secure. One of the main things to point out is that their tours are truly private, you're not following around some big group. You get to go at your own pace, not having to wait on strangers. Or if you want to relax, it's your choice. The cenotes at Dos Ojos are fantastic, neat to see the bats. The food at the owner's restauraunt is excellent and the restauraunt is very clean and has a great atmosphere. The outdoor lagoon was exteremely relaxing and full of beautiful tropical fish....it made me feel like I was in a big aquarium. Last but not least, the sea turtles. AMAZING!!! I would do this trip again in a heartbeat and would recommend to anyone.

1 Thank TxGal4090