“Very satisfied!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Kaxapa Factory
Ranked #2 of 1,220 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Price range: US$3 - US$9
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: The flavors of the Venezuelan family in Playa del Carmen, come and enjoy the Venezuelan food dishes, with vegetarian and gluten free options.
San Francisco, California
“Very satisfied!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

We had wonderful dinner here and were able to get to know about Venezuela and its food. The restaurant has 5 or 6 tables outside, comfortable, relaxing, and casual. Very friendly staff members and they explained their food well. Delicious and inexpensive. I highly recommend this place as one of your dinner option in Playa Del Carmen!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Yutaka N

• Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Nashville, Tennessee
“Fresh and extemely delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

We just arrived to our hotel in playa and went out looking for a great different fresh lunch to take to our room. I found this restaurant in the trip advisor reviews. When I got to the restaurant I was welcomed by a very kind and smiley waiter that I later found out was the owner (Juan Ramos) . I did not know what to order because it was my first time eating Venezuelan food and at the same time I wanted my family to try all the plates because everything on the menu looked delicious. So I asked Juan Ramos his recommendation, he quickly suggested a combination of plates that we could share, feed the 7 of us and get to try most of the options. Everything was absolutely delicious, fresh a different flavor, just perfect. w had the arepas, empanadas, cachapas, petacones, pabellon criollo, the kaxapa. Everything tasted different, everything tasted delicious. While I was waiting for the food to be ready I was offered to try a fresh beverage sampler. I ended up ordering several of those drinks, the names are difficult to remember but the flavors are a combination of Maracuya, lemon and other fresh fruits.... outstanding you might think all of these was expensive... think again... very convenient prices, impressive service and awesome food. I recommend it and I could go over and over again.

• Visited April 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“simply delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

the cachapa catira, guanabana juice and quesillo de coco is a staple in my visits. the family that owns it is absolutely wonderful! the service is excellent! great job on the renovation!

Visited May 2014
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Best vegan food ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

We were so well looked after here, being offered vegan versions of pretty much the entire menu. Everything was freshly-made and very tasty, with some lovely juices served to accompany meals. The staff were all lovely and we returned to this restaurant several times on our one-week trip!!

Visited April 2014
“Wonderful little please, great chance to try Venezuelan cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Perhaps it's not your first thought while visiting Mexico, to stop by this tiny, family-owned, 6-table eatery on a side street in Playa to try Venezuelan food for the first time. We turned up there by chance and were instantly charmed by the beautiful staff, their warm welcome, and the delicious and reasonably priced (a nice change for Playa!) food. Definitely recommend!