For 40 US dollar per person they take you to a mile away bay crammed with scuba divers.
There, they let you dive in 3 feet of water with a life jacket on for an hour and you're done.
Here's my advice : Rent a car (outside the hotel) and venture further south where plenty of amazing diving spots can be yours for free !
Don't go there If you like water sports : the windsurf boards are either broken or not suitable for you (from what I was told) and you can only rent a hobie cat for an hour a day (if the wind is not too strong). Though unwind on the beach is great (if you can find one deck chair available !)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privileged situation directly on the beach of Playacar, around 3 km from the town of Playa del Carmen. Specially recommended for honeymooners. Varied, colourful entertainment programme. Large pool area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, TravelUp, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Iberostar Tucan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Tucan Mexico
- Iberostar Tucan Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Iberostar
- Iberostar Tucan Quetzal
- Iberostar Tucan Playacar
- Iberostar Tucan Hotel Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen