We stayed at the Tucan from October 22nd to the 31st. As always, an excellent time was had. Nice beach, excellent pool and great food. The only negatives we experienced during the trip was that the construction taking place at the new Sands hotel was a bit noisy at times. Although it only slightly detracted from our experience it was a nuisance at times. The other unfortunate experience we had was we and the other guest were forced to witness a group of about 20 of the loudest, obnoxious and rudest American men (and three or four of their "women" )I have ever seen. Bringing their drinks into the surf, tossing garbage and food into the pristine sea, leering at the women, yelling and cursing at the top of their voices, banging their glasses on the table in the lounges and eateries and disgusting mocking the staff was almost intolerable. Most wearing baseball hats and sporting goatees, were surely the most adolescent bunch of clowns I have ever seen at a resort. I think their behavior disgusted all of the guests and workers and served to set back the nice feel at the resort and probably foreign relations as well! Fortunately, their stay must have been for only three or 4 nights and once they left peace and harmony was restored. I know the staff was relieved and my heart truly went out to them as they are some of the kindest, friendliest, hardest working, honorable people I have ever met in a resort. There was no way they deserved the abuse and disrespect bestowed on them by those louts.
In summary, another great vacation at the resort and we shall return. I can only hope that in the future, Iberostar adopts a hard policy against those that take advantage of their hospitality and guests and acts to remove groups like I mentioned off the property when their behavior is unacceptable. To do otherwise, may result in a Cancun south environment and that would be a terrible shame and a huge loss to the hotel and we guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privileged situation directly on the beach of Playacar, around 3 km from the town of Playa del Carmen. Specially recommended for honeymooners. Varied, colourful entertainment programme. Large pool area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, LoveHolidays and TravelUp so you can book your Iberostar Tucan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Tucan Mexico
- Iberostar Tucan Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Iberostar
- Iberostar Tucan Quetzal
- Iberostar Tucan Playacar
- Iberostar Tucan Hotel Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen