It was very busy for the whole of the 2 weeks we were there, in future we would avoid the US Spring Break time. Certainly for the second week there were fewer families and more groups of young adults but there was never really an issue. The staff as always were brilliant. The food was ok, the main issue being that in the restaurants the side dishes were never hot, you would get a wonderful steak with a cold baked potato and cold vegetables. However the main point of the holiday for us was to flop in the sun for 2 weeks and the weather didn't disappoint, there was one evening bout of rain and one afternoon when we had to leave the beach around 14.00 due to a thunderstorm but apart from that it was sunshine all the way. We have been 3 times now but we both think that on our next trip to Mexico we will try a different hotel.
By the way when it rains the marble floors can be treacherous!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privileged situation directly on the beach of Playacar, around 3 km from the town of Playa del Carmen. Specially recommended for honeymooners. Varied, colourful entertainment programme. Large pool area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Holiday Gems, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Booking.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Iberostar Tucan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Tucan Mexico
- Iberostar Tucan Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Iberostar
- Iberostar Tucan Quetzal
- Iberostar Tucan Playacar
- Iberostar Tucan Hotel Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen