I found out about this resort from several friends that had been there about a decade ago. Their memories made me really excited to book this hotel. There were a lot of pros and cons for me, so I'll just list them here:
The grounds and animals are amazing. Period.
I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful.
The beach is VERY beautiful and they have fine, white sand.
Check-in and check-out was a breeze.
I felt the resort had a lot of things going on to try and entertain the guests.
The rooms were very comfortable and housekeeping was decent.
The food. It is your basic mass-produced buffet....with the exception of the Japanese restaurant (that was amazing!).
The bathrooms have archaic hairdryers and no conditioner- anywhere. Small thing, but make sure you have some!
The local snorkeling is NOT included and charged at around $50 per person (same for kiddos), which is ridiculous. Local snorkeling should always be included with the resort price and trips to Cozumel and Xel-ha extra. We did not get to take advantage of either because the beach tide was too high our last 3 days to get out on the boat.
They do not have enough top-shelf liquor. I wasn't intending to get plastered every night or anything, but I expect more top-shelf choices for a resort of this price.
They could use some updating on their outside decor in general.
Don't get me wrong, overall, the resort was good and I had a nice time. I think they did a great job at anticipating our needs and I felt welcome. However, for the price that I paid, I would probably try another resort next time I visit Playa unless they do some updating. Better for families than for couples.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privileged situation directly on the beach of Playacar, around 3 km from the town of Playa del Carmen. Specially recommended for honeymooners. Varied, colourful entertainment programme. Large pool area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Easy Market Spa, Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Stayforlong S.L., Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Iberostar Tucan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Tucan Mexico
- Iberostar Tucan Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Iberostar
- Iberostar Tucan Quetzal
- Iberostar Tucan Playacar
- Iberostar Tucan Hotel Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen