We arrived on the 9th june 2014 to a warm welcome and a tropical drink. The staff were friendly and happy to assist in delivering your bags to the room! 8 adults and 1 child were in our group and check in was quick and painless which was great after our 10 hour flight plus transfer times!
The resort is just beautiful! Very open spaces and nature is everywhere! We stayed in a standard double room with our daughter. It was very clean and all its facilities were in good working order. The maids are very thorough in their work too.
Food in the buffet restaurants has something for everyone, lots of variety and always cooked to a delicious standard no matter what time you dine. We tried 3 of the speciality restaurants during our 2 week stay (mexican, steakhouse, japanese) all were delicious but the Japanese in particular was very entertaining!
The star friends and entertainment shows at night are a little cheesy but lots of fun! There is something for everyone in regards to activities throughout the day and the star friends just inject fun into everything! Muricio is particular was one of our favs!
The elder members of our group prefered to relax in the lobby bar in the evenings rather than the show, and were looked after exceptionally well by Rosy, who was witty and always smiling! She was just lovely!
On the 17th my husband and I got married in the jungle setting which is located behind the show house. Our wedding coordinator Alejandra was so helpful and did everything she could to assist us! 4 days before our wedding we discovered that my bridesmaid no longer fit in her dress, and super efficiently and putting us at ease once more Alejandra found a seamstress to fix the problem within 24 hours! Everything about the day was just perfect! Our guest particularly liked the cocktail hour and mariachi band which entertained them for an hour whilst my new husband and I went around the grounds and on to the beach for photo opportunities with a photographer from the photo pro store located in the lobby. He was also fantastic, and the end result being 90photos in a photo book and the disc of all the photos he took, was stunning. As a wedding couple, the next night we were given a private romantic 5 course meal for two in a cabana on the beach with our own private waiter, called Andy, which was just breathtaking! And the food and view were to die for! We also received a couples massage earlier in the day.
Overall I would most definately recommend this hotel to anybody. It was perfect from start to finish! So glad I chose to have my wedding here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privileged situation directly on the beach of Playacar, around 3 km from the town of Playa del Carmen. Specially recommended for honeymooners. Varied, colourful entertainment programme. Large pool area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Holiday Gems, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Iberostar Tucan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Tucan Mexico
- Iberostar Tucan Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Iberostar
- Iberostar Tucan Quetzal
- Iberostar Tucan Playacar
- Iberostar Tucan Hotel Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen