12 of us stayed here at the end of May for a family wedding (the wedding was not at this resort, but at a condo) and we picked this location since it was close to the condo and that it seemed to be very family friendly.
The resort is HUGE, my husband and I have stayed at two other Iberostars and they were much smaller than this one. Our room was different from my parents, we had a king and a smaller sitting area where they had two queen beds (And a HUGE Thank You for the complimentary bottle of Tequila, we greatly appreciate it!!). Both rooms were very nice and clean and we loved the multiple Monkey sightings. We thought we wouldn't like the separate buildings instead of a huge hotel complex, but it didn't make a difference at all and in fact it was nice walking through the resort and seeing all the different buildings.
The pool is really, really, REALLY big and it never gets crowded. The star friends are definitely active during the Water Aerobics and the Magic Carpet ride game. I did both and it was a blast. I will say, at the lower end of the pool, the one closest to the resort and adult pool bar, it is pretty deep. I am not used to treading water at a hotel pool, but it didn't matter since we were usually at the beachy end. Speaking of the beach, its gorgeous and its choppy, but it was like our own wave pool, so we loved it.
The food was good, I have had better at other Iberostar's but we also didn't pay much to stay here, so I was completely fine with that. The food at the Japanese and Tropical restaurants were great and we left insanely full. Breakfast is amazing here, lots to choose from and I loved the juices.
And lastly, all of the wildlife -- it was purely spectacular. I loved running into peacocks, lizards, etc. They are used to people so they would never harm anybody, and in fact, the baby peacocks will lounge around the lobby area at night for a late night snack of popcorn. The best was when we would have monkey's on our balcony. I never went outside to touch them, but to see them was great.
We just LOVE Iberostar and recommend it to anybody.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privileged situation directly on the beach of Playacar, around 3 km from the town of Playa del Carmen. Specially recommended for honeymooners. Varied, colourful entertainment programme. Large pool area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Iberostar Tucan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Playa Del Carmen
- Iberostar Tucan Mexico
- Iberostar Tucan Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen Iberostar
- Iberostar Tucan Quetzal
- Iberostar Tucan Playacar
- Iberostar Tucan Hotel Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen