7,474 results
All reviews star friends howler monkeys jungle area specialty restaurants swim up bar dressel divers japanese restaurant ate at the japanese pool beach gated community other resorts emailed the hotel magic show cab ride apple vacations buffet food shows at night
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

If u are a fuzzy 4 Season kind off Guest traveller ,this Place is not for you ,
If you are a traveller looking for Excellent Customer Service by Stuff and Management this place is for you .

Hotel Stuff is kindly-Polite-Respectful, I feel welcomed, We feel Important to Management and Hotel Staff , My buddy and I have the unique experience of Feel like being Kings at this Resort . We are well world travelled and never experienced Feel so welcome by Hotel Stuff and Management at this resort .

My favorited Restaurant was the Italian top notch Food and Service.

Thank you So so Much TANIA in Public Relation , you are Excellent, You 're the Best .Thank You for Stand side to Side by Us With your Professional help .

Special Thanks to Katherine for your Kindness every Single Day, Thank you for welcomes Us and Thank you for made sure we have a great time , Thank you for the kindness in take your time to call us to wish us a safe flight back home .we will always remember you for that , you are this Resort soul,

Thank you to Joel for take care of our safety in our stay .
Animation "WOW" be aware of Itzel , she keep us with a healthy work out on the Beach so needed for Us every day .

Thank you to housekeeper Clyder room 1345. Not word to describes your excellent work .
Oh , one more thing, Do not be surprised if the Friendly Monkey drop by at your Balcony to say Hi every morning .

In one word UNFORGETTABLE HOLIDAYS EXPERIENCE , WOW.
we are back to this place in May 2018.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
8  Thank LuisMoonshine
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Tucan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for the opportunity of having hosted you at IBEROSTAR Tucan & Quetzal.

It is flattering to read all your kind comments and compliments regarding our staff members and Management, but mainly, we are happy that you had such a memorable time at our resort. It was a pleasure to host you and we will share your kind words with our team.

We are already looking forward to welcome you again next year!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 24 November 2017

The good- Cleanest resort I've visited. Staff constantly picking up cups and dishes. Bring your own straw since they don't supply and for the drinks. Italian restaurant had very good food. Buffet had decent food, you could always find nice things to eat, especially if you like seafood! Check in and check out were efficient. Easy to get a lounger by the pool. One of the best pools I've used at a resort. Good 5 foot depth and very large and kept clean. Resort staff very friendly and appreciative of tips. Hard and soft ice cream served between the beach and pool areas! Middle of resort is a jungle area with paths. Loads of wildlife close up including howler monkeys.

The bad- concierge always trying to sign you up for a time share type presentation. Not on my holiday I won't! Rooms are a bit dated. Mattresses very firm but you can request a mattress pad be put on, it helps a bit. Food is overcooked at Japanese retaurant because chef is trying to cook on 2 teppan cooktops at the same time.

3  Thank sunlver95
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Tucan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for having spent you recent vacation at IBEROSTAR Tucan & Quetzal.

We are happy to know that you had a lot of fun at our resort with our lovely pool and nature all around our facilities. Thank you for mentioning our hardworking staff who truly strives to bring a pleasant stay to all our guests.

Please know that all your comments are of great help to look for improvement.

We look forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you again to our hotel.

Reviewed 20 November 2017

ARRIVAL: Traveled with my husband Nov 12-16 to celebrate my 60th birthday and retirement. Our party consisted of 15 total people that traveled from DFW, San Antonio & Houston, Texas and Oklahoma areas to celebrate. We booked Cheap Carribean and put in comments that we preferred midway down resort facing jungle, top floor and we were repeat travelers here. They didn't have any of our notes on the reservation upon arrival though after much discussion, were accommodated in bldg 13 jungle view.
My daughters family, husband and two boys age 8 & 13 were told they were on 3rd floor jungle view but got to their Tucan room and they were facing the outside street view and just dealt with it.
My other daughter and her husband and four boys, age 1, 2, 6 & 7 were in the Tucan side as well with their room on same floor but their small kids room was two doors down from them!! What a joke! They were told there are no adjoining rooms in the resort. Cheap Carribean needs to be informed of this because my daughter went to great length to make sure she had an adjoining room in her reservation and cheap carribean confirmed it was which was a lie. After the first chaotic night with absolutely no sleep with her kids NOT going to sleep, running in and out of their room all night long, she went to the front and paid $240 (which was discounted from $130./night extra to $80./night extra for the remaining 4 nights for the EXACT same room only with an adjoining room door on the Quetzal side. Our Houston friends (age 60) reserved a beach front at the Quetzal and loved it as did my sister and her fiance (age 60). Our Houston friends that we've met at this resort the past few years got two return I'm back t-shirts. Thought that was interesting, not a big deal, but we were not acknowledged for being repeat customers and did not get i'm back t-shirts. Our whole party of 15 was approached many times to buy into Iberostar stay anytime plan. Avoid this completely! They try to entice you by offering these bogus "free" stuff which is not free. It's a coupon pkg that is good for example for $20 off a $100 massage etc...
ROOMS: decent no frills, sleepable beds, cool a/c, small palapa balcony, in room safe, soap, shampoo, blow dryer, no hair conditioner. Rooms have sensors like a lot of AI where the air cuts off if doors left open or room unoccupied for X amount of time.
BEACH: absolutely beautiful, expansive in both directions. Grill area for hamburgers and hotdogs, french fries and ice cream open all day and we visit it at least once daily while there.
FOOD: lots of choices though I really struggled finding anything that wowed me the whole week. The outdoor buffets are seriously lacking from past experiences. We were allowed one a la carte for our 5 day stay one night and our whole party went to the Hibachi and it was very good and entertaining.
ENTERTAINMENT: nightly kid and adult shows were pretty decent. The kids enjoyed the super hero fashion show and the daytime kids club worked out great for them.
STAFF: always pleasant, Iberostar friends are super!
TAXI'S: $5. for a taxi ride one way to fifth street, shop or get away for a morning or evening. You can buy a round trip ticket to Cozumel on the ferry at fifth street for about $20., nice way to get on the water and watch the sunset or have a change of pace.
There's a Starbuck's and shopping center about a 10 minute walk from the resort if you go out the front gates and walk to the right.
POOLS: Expansive family pool which is pretty cold the month of November. Separate adult pool with bar and waterfall, really nice but gets pretty loud and the music is pretty skanky for our taste. Kid's pool is separate and nice if you have younger children.
DRINKS: nothing great, if you're a Dos Equis beer fan, you'll be in heaven. I don't drink beer and I'm just not a big drinker in general. I work too hard staying healthy and working out. I'd rather use my calories on food. :)
LOUNGE CHAIRS: I've been here at different times of the year. In the summer, I can never get a lounge chair around the pool or beach area. No one is in them mind you, but they let everybody save loungers with towels or shoes etc and they are left empty and saved all day. However in November, we all managed to find seats most anytime of any day.
OVERALL EXPERIENCE: We had a pretty good time overall but I probably will not return to Tucan or Quetzal again. I love the area and feel very safe walking around outside the resort. The first two days it rained heavily which was a bummer. The last three days were absolutely perfect! While there on night 2, my oldest daughter from Fort Worth came down with diarrhea and a stomach bug and got very ill. On night 4, my youngest daughter was sick the whole last day with stomach stuff, vomiting and diarrhea and was ill for 4 days total. Her husband came down with it the 4th night. After our Hibachi dinner, I woke up at 4am with the same stuff and had to be wheel chaired to my flight that morning! As I write this three days later, I am still feeling puney. :( The day we returned one of my grandsons from OKC came down with it and the couple from Houston got it the day they returned home. None of us were in the same building at the resort, nor did any of us fly in on the same flight, so obviously something was going around at the resort.

Room tip: If you like monkeys, ask for a jungle view, top floor mid way down resort.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank sparkleandspurs
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Tucan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

Dear guest,

Firstly, we would like to express our gratitude for your preference and recent visit to IBEROSTAR Tucan & Quetzal.

It pleases us to know that from the things you enjoyed the most are our lovely beach, the fun entertainment activities and our always accommodating staff who strives to provide the best time for our guests.

On the other hand, we are deeply saddened to read the inconveniences you had during your arrival and stay. We hope everyone is now feeling well and we apologize if you did not receive the proper recognition for your loyalty as it is of great value to us.

Our staff is committed to be of any assistance required by our guests, in order to make your vacation a memorable one and we will sure to look for improvement to continue achieving our customers’ satisfaction.

We sincerely hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back and prove the excellent service that precedes us.

Kindly,

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

Having just stayed a few nights in iberostar Cozumel we were offered to stay our last three nights at the sister hotel iberostar Tucan. Upon accepting the offer , our taxis and ferry costs were paid for by iberostar and we arrived a little early. The check in was not smooth as it seemed the communication regarding our arrival was flawed. Note here there is a $10peso per day (.85usd) for environment just in this area that is collected at check in. No big deal. It cost $2.77 total. After a few minutes our reservation was sorted out and we were actually upgraded to a jr ste that faced the jungle. This was fun because we would sit on the patio in the morning and watch the monkeys and wildlife.

Location of the suite was midway between the lobby, restaurants and beach . Since This resort was not huge that again made our stay pleasant. The resort has four alacarte restaurants and a beautiful beach. The staff was not as friendly as Cozumel but were polite and quick to serve everyone. The cuisine was very good and had more options on the buffets. Drinks were quality and one of the best things enjoyed was the ice cream bar on the beach. It stayed very busy.

This hotel had more families staying and had great interactions with the kids and entertainment staff. They had a pretty good magic show one evening however I did not see any of the others.

A very nice surprise came from the onsite jewelry store FINI when they offered a free Mayan pendant. It is very nice and they did not pressure for anyone to purchase more. I would recommend the Tucan to anyone as it has lots to do, a gorgeous beach and is only about a $6 usd ($90 pesos) cab ride into playa del Carmen’s famous 5th ave.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for having chosen IBEROSTAR Tucan & Quetzal as your recent vacation spot.

It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed a great time with our charming natural environment and wildlife, accommodating facilities, lovely beach area and the delicious food and ice cream bar.

We apologize for the inconvenience at your arrival. We have sent your comments to the corresponding department in order to improve.

It will be a pleasure to have the opportunity of welcoming you again in a close future.

Reviewed 19 November 2017

Can’t say enough great things about this resort. Every staff member we encountered were friendly, helpful, smiling and doing everything to make your stay fabulous!
The Entertainment team ... Jefte, Daniel, Alan, Chocolate, Jesus, Alex, Karen, Adriana, the Star dancers, singers and band work tirelessly to make sure you are engaged and entertained.
The grounds are incredible, animals everywhere, small waterfalls, beautiful paths through the jungle area.
For people that require scooters, wheelchairs or strollers, there are large flat pathways that run down the outside of each side. Lovely walk, we always saw peacocks on our way, and monkeys a few times!
The food was good and plentiful. Lots of varied selection at the larger buffets; smaller, but equally good selection at the beach/pool buffets. We ate at all the specialty restaurants except the Mare Nostrum. Delicious food and good service at all of them.

Plenty of bar options and no long waits, even at the beach bar. Always lots of waiters and waitresses as well.
The beach is breathtaking except for those self centered, rude, obnoxious people that insist upon using the beach as their ashtray ... shame on you. Sorry, rant over.
We saw people of all ages having a good time, I would recommend this resort to everyone.
Things to note:
Not a lot of places are air conditioned - the rooms, 3 of the speciality restaurants, and the lobby bathrooms are air conditioned. The rest is all open concept. This was not an issue in November, lots of ceiling fans and good breezes helped.
Floors can be slippery, watch your step.
The pool is large, but can get deep if you are under 5’5”. Nice shallow areas at both ends though.

Hands down, the best resort I have been to.
Many, many retuning guests when we were there. I can’t wait to become one of them!!

Room tip: We were in block 15 on the bottom floor, perfect, about a minute to the lobby or buffet and about a minute and a half to the beach and pool.
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear guest,

We are grateful for having the opportunity to welcome you at IBEROSTAR Tucan & Quetzal.

Please know that your comments are of great motivation to all our staff in order to continue striving to provide the best experiences to our beloved guests.

We are so pleased to read how memorable your vacation was at our hotel and we would be honored to have you as a part of our IBEROSTAR family.

We look forward for your soon return!