This is a nice resort. Our group of 4 girls purchased the standard package, which suited us fine. We were going to pay the extra $6.00 to eat at the Mexican restaurant one night, but it was so cold in there that we ended up leaving. We frequented Botticelli's often for dinner. The waiter, Daniels, is great. Very accommodating, cheerful, full of energy. However, they were always out of at least 2 or 3 of the main courses; and we weren't able to get the chocolate volcano until our last night.
The buffet had good food as well, and a good assortment. The staff was nice.
The snack bar was good, but we always felt like we were bothering the cook(s). Same with most of the bartenders. It took a long time to get a drink, and they come in small cups, so it didn't take long to finish and find yourself waiting again. Also had a situation in which the bartender was there by himself and as I was approaching, he literally left the bar and was gone for a few minutes. We felt like they'd give their fellow Mexican vacationers priority, even if they came to the bar after others were already waiting.
The grounds are beautiful. Loved the coffee bar.
The rooms are nice - adequate, but there's a lot of noise outside. The phones in the room don't work for dialing room to room, despite following the instructions. Someone was supposed to check on it, but it never did get resolved. The beach and pools were great, and it's a nice walk to Fifth Avenue. Overall I felt we got our money's worth. It was an economical trip, but served our needs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This boutique style all-inclusive resort is located on a beautiful white sandy beach just steps away from the famous 5th Avenue in Playa del Carmen, Riviera Maya, Mexico. The hotel offers all food and domestic drinks, 1 buffet restaurant, 2 a la carte restaurants, Italian & Gourmet($), snack bar, ice cream parlor, various bars including a swim up bar, 2 pools, kids club, daily activities & nightly entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Reef Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reef Playacar Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Reef Club Playacar
- Reef Playacar Mexico
- Reef Playacar Playa Del Carmen
- The Reef Playacar Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen