“Great diving experience!”

Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great diving experience!”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Was there 22 Feb - 1 Mar. The shop was run by two sweet divemasters, Geraldine (French) and Maddy (Swedish). In the recent past I experienced an equipment failure at 25m on my AOW Padi training, which left me with some fear of diving again. Maddy snapped me out of it on the first dive in a very professional way. The second dive (also with Maddy) was to a site called Cerebros, and that was 48 minutes of awesomeness. All you do is swim through large coral formations and enjoy the company of schools of curious fish of all colors.
Boats are small, but if you don't mind the back-flip dive, there are advantages: smaller groups, which also means more attention from the divemaster, and more safety. Speaking of safety, Maddy's briefings were lengthy and very focused on safety, which I admire.
Equipment is probably not A-class, but is perfectly OK. Rates are also very competitive compared to what I paid to Dressel Divers (Iberostar) 2 years ago.
On my second dive, we had a group of 3 newbies on the same boat who had just completed their intro pool dive. After their first ever dive with Geraldine, they were back on the boat with ear-to-ear smiles.

Bottom line, I'd definitely dive with them again in Playa del Carmen. Highly recommend.

Thanks Maddy!
C.

St. Albert, Canada
“first dive”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I started out doing a discovery scuba dive It was great Jill my instrurtor was very good and a great teacher from there a got my open water diver the one on one instuction was great The diveing was awesome and made me want to go again They run a great shop and do not try to sell you any extras We had some experienced divers with us and they said the service and diving was great My first dives so a had nothing to compare them too but I had a great time Thanks Jill

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Diving from the Resort”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

All the people that work there are great Geraldine, Mady, and Damien (for the dive masters) thank you. This is a great and convienient way to dive when staying at the Grand Riviera Princess. Go out for two tank dives and you are back by 12pm. One of the great things was that the largest group we went out with was 4 people. They were very professional. If we are back to the Princess next year I will be out with you again!

1 Thank Nigel E
Grapevine Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Loved this shop”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

To start with they got me from my resort to diving and back each day without a problem free of charge. Jill the diver master was excellent A+++ and guided us on safe excellent ocean dives. Staff was friendly and helpful. The cenotes were excellent and the young man that led the dives was a credit to the shop. If your a diva diver this shop probably isn't for you. As for me, I will be back.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank scubajim77
Summit, New Jersey
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Pleasant surprise.”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Usually dive operators that resides at the resorts are mediocre, I know that from experience and "public opinion' says the same. So I didn't expect anything really good from Sea Pro Divers when decided to trade quality of dedicated diveshop to comfort of local one, I used shop at Riviera Princess and had just 3 half-days for diving.
And, you know, diving with Sea Pro Diving was pleasant surprise, these guys shaken my opinion about resort operators. They are really good from the beginning to the end. They do have good briefing, what resort operators usually don’t. The boat what not overcrowded at all, usually it is. Divemasters not just lead from A to B, but show interesting and funny things around. And sites they diving do have interesting and funny things.
To make long story short – I had great interesting dives without any displeasure. Definitely recommend Sea Pro Divers for your diving vacation at Riviera Maya. One more thing – if you don’t use operator at your resort then transportation is a question. Most operators cannot pick you from the resort at Riviera Maya so you need take care about transport yourself. AFAIK Sea Pro has agreement with some resorts and they can pick clients from these resorts, ask them about details.
Thank you, Sea Pro, for great diving. Special thanks to Nuria for amazing Green Wall, to Rachel for funny “fish-and-shell” show and to Michel for perfect cenote dives.

Visited July 2013