“Sea Pro Divers, An Excellent Dive Operator” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sea Pro Divers - CLOSED

Sea Pro Divers
Annandale, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Sea Pro Divers, An Excellent Dive Operator”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Was fortunate enough to be able to tag along on My Daughters High School Graduation Trip to Playa Del Carmen, Mexico 6/22/14 through 6/28/14. Being very last minute trip, I was unable to do my normal research into dive operators, venues. Thus when getting the Grand Riveria Princess, I found a dive shop on the beach. I was able to easily book dives at the resort, with the boat picking us up right on the beach. The rental dive gear was all in good condition and the staff were extremely helpful and did most of the heavy lifting. Our Dive Master "Hannis" did an incredible job in explaining, the dive and taking care of us. On our second dive we had a number of resort course divers that accompanied us. Watching the DM handle these new divers gave me a lot of respect for him.

The next day I booked a Cenote dive at the Chac-Mool cenote. Our dive master Israel from the Puerto Adventuras Sea Pro dive shop was once again awesome. We were lucky enough to have a small group of just my wife and myself. My wife was very nervous about this dive, but Israel took great care to make her feel comfortable. Once again he did all the heavy lifting of our gear to and from the cave openings. He gave us a very thorough dive briefing. Of the close to 150 dives I have done at various dive sites around the Caribbean, these two dives were my absolute favorite. The visibility and diving were great.

I would highly recommend the dive shop and our dive masters both Hannis and Israel.

Thanks,

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Sea Pro Divers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Entire staff was extremely polite and accommodating. I dove over 10 dives and loved them all. would come back again.

Visited July 2013
Ottawa, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful scuba experience for our family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

We did a two tank dive with this shop and the experience was amazing. The DM was very safe and respected our wishes to do shallow(less than 40 feet) dives since we were with my two kids(10-13).
Their service was top notch. Rental equipment was good. They are a smaller dive operation but will definitely dive with them again. They picked us at our playa del carmen resort on time and we were back at the planned time.

Will recommend them to all my friends divers

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Radicalsurgeon
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great dives, great instructors!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

It is so nice to find a great small shop that will work with you to meet you needs. My wife needed to do her open water referral and i just wanted to dive along and maybe a few other dives. We ran into some bad weather and rough seas and they were more than accommodating, even refunding a few dives that we could not get in before we left. Jill was a great instructor and was not just going through the motions with my wife. We will be back!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank MrHammy
Cochrane, Canada
“Truth in diving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

We were staying at the Barcelo Maya Beach Resort and had not yet booked a dive company as there were so many. This spot is hugely popular with Canadians and Americans. With two certifies divers and one needing to finish his course we saw at first the resort had a dive shop there(dressle divers). The price per tank was not bad but the referral course was extremely expensive. Also their schedule was not accommodating at all as they only did two dives per day.

This is where we came to find Seapro Divers in Peurto Aventuras, they picked us up as well as dropped us off. The referral finishing course was comparably priced as in Canada. The tank dives were well priced and the surface interval between dives was accurate so as you can get two in and have the rest of the day to your business or get three in. All the crew was as expected in the diving community, which is to say they were kind, informative and professionaly sharing info so everyone can grow as a diver. Without further adu....
First dive - master : damion from France, thank you, you leave no unanswered questions before diving.

Last three dives - master Jill from Canada : you were very helpful in finishing my fathers course and myself and my wife are really happy with the relaxed experience you gave us. We hope to meet up again down the road.

To the diving community, not all expensive shops give the best service and not all lowest price shops are quality air/ service. Go the middle of the road and go with what you expect to have in your own country. Also do your certification at home and come to these places ready. You will feel like you are not wasting days training and you can get as much diving in as you can because this life is addicting.

Thank you.