“Great hostel”

Hostel Che
Oregon
“Great hostel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2013

Che was great, had fantastic atmosphere friendly staff and connections to great local knowledge and tours. Met a local guy named Alex and he took us on a bike tour to a fantastic beach and to local cenote's they were unbelievable unlike anything I had ever seen before. The clearest blue water most amazing natural water holes I have had the privilege of visiting. It was great meeting locals to take us around and show us what the city had to offer not to mention the great hole in the wall food places. Amazing memories that I will treasure for ever you must visit the cenote around here photos just can not do them justice!

Che is clean, has great facilities the roof top bar is great fun. Not the place if your looking for peace and quiet but if you want to meet great people and have a fantastic time stay here.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Korean first
Monroe, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2013 via mobile

I stumbled on Che on my way elsewhere. Hot and tired, I checked in.

The good--
This place has a social atmosphere, friendly staff and some good spots to chill and decently comfy beds.

In the morning, eggs, bread, jam, butter, oranges and coffee are offered to make yourself, in the price of the hostel.

I met a couple great people here.

The bad--
Not a huge deal--but the dorm bathroom was a smelly mess.

My first night I didn't notice, as I was out until 4 AM, but i did my second--the hostel bar plays music loudly late into the night, and there was lots of action in and out of the dorm all night long. Not the hostels fault, but there was a loud and inconsiderate group of Argentinian girls in and out all night. I woke up every hour.

This is totally not an issue if you're joining the festivities.

They gave me a key and padlock when I checked in. I wish I had known this wasn't necessary (I have a lock), because I lost the little key and hence lost my 100 peso deposit. My fault, but still made me mad.

I actually ended up moving to the hostel around the block -Grand Hostel Playa-- which was 30 pesos less per night but spotless, new, more quiet, with free bike rentals + breakfast and also filled with great people.

Depends on what you're looking for...

• Stayed February 2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2013

I spend 1.5 week in the hostel while i originally planned 3 days. The playa effect grabs you, and the hostel is a big contribution to this. the hostel is very laid back, the staff is superfriendly and they make you feel like home. In addition, it has a really chilled roof top bar with great bartenders all making it the perfect place to hang out before you kick into town.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Becancour, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2012

We paid for a 10 persons mixed dorm and were place in an 18... 2 girls with 16 mans. If you want to party all night and sleep all day, it's a good place. If you want to take a shower in the morning, you may have to clean all the vomit of everybody all over the place.
When we arrive on the first night, after a 20 hours day trip, we had to wait until midnight to have access to our bed. No consideration for customers... The breakfast were very simple.

Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2012

Although this is about the restaurant and not the hostel, it is attached to the hostel so I feel it applies
We were looking for some good food at not a 5th or Beach price. The "restaurant" just outside of the hostel called Wey by Hostel Che was EXCELLENT.
For 60 pesos we had a chicken buritto and fried potatoes. It was so big I could not finish it. The pop was in glass bottles, and the entire thing for two of us was $150 pesos (the price it would have cost for a taco on the beach).
They do a breakfast for 50 pesos that includes coffee and juice as well as the meal. I am sure it would have been more that I could have eaten.
It is now the place I will recommend to everyone I know going down there.
It is just infront of the hosel, on 8th between 5th and 10th, there are 3 tables outside so you have somewhere to sit if you are not staying at the hostel (we were not).

The food was HOT and only cooked when it was ordered.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Zadar, Croatia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2012

The hostel is in playa, a lot of bars and clubs are around the hostel. The rooms have aircondition and you will find a nice bar on the top of the hostel. The staff is friendly and you can store you luggage if you have to leave at evening. At night the lock the front-door, so you can feel save

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Paris
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2012

We spent 4 days there and everything was good. The beds were confortable, the bathrooms were ok, the rooms had A/C, the staff was really friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was cool. They even organized a free home-made pizza dinner for their customers. Breakfast was ok : eggs that everyone can cook, toasts, coffee... Good price for the standing. You can find cheaper around, but not as comfy...

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple