“My #1 FAVORITE PLACE!! I go every month now”
Review of Oh Lala!

Oh Lala!
Reserve with OpenTable
Oh Lala! is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 1,426 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The cuisine at Oh Lala! Is a refreshing change from that of other, more conventional restaurants. Guests are treated like good old friends in a relaxing atmosphere coupled with personalized service and good food. Opened in January, 2011, by co-owners George and Mikaela, Oh Lala! Offers personalized experiences for its guests, ranging from a laidback sampling of hors d'oeuvres and wines, to a leisurely look at the full menu. With a total of 9 tables divided between the indoor and outdoors seating, and an open kitchen, Chef George, Mikaela, and their staff, make sure that every visit to Oh Lala, International Cuisine by George, Is a unique and a delicious one.
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The small comfortable restaurant is decorated very nice and the atmosphere is perfect- calm amd serine. The service is 5 stars and the food is beyond that in my opionion. The chef and staff call me Mr. Prieto, even after I said call me Tony! They are wonderful and you walk in and out feeling great!

1  Thank Antonio P
Write a ReviewReviews (2,120)

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Oh lala is a small lovely place, the food, service and atention to detail is incredible. We made reservations in advanced and we are glad we did, this is a must go restaurant when going to Playa del Carmen. Thank you for a wonderfull dinner, we will be back.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

This was one of the best meals I had during my 3 weeks in Mexico, and I had some incredible meals, including a culinary cooking course! It's small, so book ahead if you can, and not overly fancy or pretentious, but the service and the food is exceptional. Fantastic value for money.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Really a perfect dinning experience for my family & me.
Four orders of the Butter Tuna & everyone loved it. Two orders of the fillet & both said it was the best steak they ever had.
From the gracious owners to the perfectly clean kitchen, to the outstanding food.. this was a 10 across the board. We have not been in Playa for 3 years & there seems to be a new King & Queen in town & they're name is Oh-La-La

Reviewed 19 July 2014

First of all make a reservation if you intend on going here as it books out quickly. The restaurant is what you want if you are looking for something fancier than the other areas of Playa. The menu is slightly strange with several starters consisting of salad and curry mixed into an otherwise classy mains section but the food is top notch. We ordered the antipasto to share for starter after our server recommended it. It came out on a rustic wooden platter and consisted of local cheeses and prosciutto, flatbread, cranberries etc which all complemented each other wonderfully. For main my wife chose the chicken curry with rice, I went for the lobster and grouper special in a creamy garlic sauce with olive oil mash potato and we opted for a side of roasted veg. All of the main was delectable and the whole time we had someone topping up our drinks and attending our table in a discrete manner. We wound up the evening sharing a white chocolate cheesecake which we devoured in a mere moment and this was accompanied by a cappuccino and a black label scotch for myself (the only scotch they had unfortunately). All in all a touch of class to an otherwise mundane restaurant scene.

1  Thank MarkMollo