“Newlyweds dinner!”
Review of Oh Lala!

Oh Lala!
Reserve with OpenTable
Oh Lala! is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 1,444 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The cuisine at Oh Lala! Is a refreshing change from that of other, more conventional restaurants. Guests are treated like good old friends in a relaxing atmosphere coupled with personalized service and good food. Opened in January, 2011, by co-owners George and Mikaela, Oh Lala! Offers personalized experiences for its guests, ranging from a laidback sampling of hors d'oeuvres and wines, to a leisurely look at the full menu. With a total of 9 tables divided between the indoor and outdoors seating, and an open kitchen, Chef George, Mikaela, and their staff, make sure that every visit to Oh Lala, International Cuisine by George, Is a unique and a delicious one.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It was our fist day in Playa del Carmen, We were looking for a nice place to celabrate the begining of our honeymooy. ;)

We couldn't find better place that this, the food was exceptional and the service was great.

The place is a bit small, and we highly recomend you to make a reservation, also you could have problems parking, it was a friday night and all parking lots were full, we had to park several block away and walk. The weather was nice so it wans't a problem, it was worth the walk. We will defently come back to this place on our next visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,154)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This restaurant heralds itself as one of the best in the area but I have only been able to give this experience one star; superficially the marketing is good with pictures full of promise, but at point of execution my experience was disappointing. The well travelled international diner is wasting their time here.

There is a hint of nouvelle cuisine, but it's not. There is a hint of Ramsey, Stein and Pierre-White but it's not.

My duck salad starter was a shock, not thinly sliced or shredded breast, but instead a small pattie which did not taste of duck. The main course was wrong and at this point I thanked the restaurant and left after paying for my starter and bottle of champagne.
I did not mind giving the most expensive restaurant in Playa the opportunity to look after me, but unfortunately the chef cuts corners and it ruined my experience.

I found the plastic chairs uncomfortable.

2  Thank Nigel V
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I live in Playa del Carmen and have been to quite a few restaurants. Oh Lala was by far the best restaurant we'd been to. The service was exemplary, the food's presentation was flawless, and the dishes tasted delectable. Overall I truly believe this is the number 1 restaurant in all of Playa del Carmen, and definitely worth a try. Just make sure you plan ahead and make a reservation (preferably inside) as this restaurant is desired by many.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a fantastic dinner here one night. The place is small and very cosy. Loved the interior design.
Service was great, non-intrusive, but attentive and fast.

The food was outstanding, and everyone enjoyed all their dishes that night. Appetizers were delicious and so were the mains. The highlights must have been the steak and lobsters. The meat was very tender and cooked to perfection. The lobsters were on the smaller side (which I prefer) and probably the best I had in a long time. The seasoning was perfect and they were so tender and delicious.

They offer a very good wine selection and we enjoyed the Chablis and some red with the steaks. Desserts were delicious and my mother in law even got a surprise birthday dessert. Thanks to the team for that.

The place is pricey, but absolutely worth it. Great food, great service.....I would be back.

1  Thank SFLeonce
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

Oh is la is one of those restaurants that just seems to get better every time you visit! We go on average once a month and are always greeted warmly by the fantastic staff. Our favourite dishes are the Spanish prawns in garlic and the fillet steak in red wine sauce! The atmosphere of the restaurant and the attentiveness of the staff as well as the delicious food really make this place stand out! We love it here and we know you will too!

2  Thank Kerrina31