“Excellent Experience”
Review of Delphinus Xcaret

Delphinus Xcaret
More attraction details
Owner description: Delphinus Xcaret is located inside Xcaret Eco Park; just 15 minutes from Playa del Carmen. If you are visiting this lovely park, enjoy the opportunity of swimming with dolphins the same day at the best place.The provision of space and care of every detail at Delphinus Xcaret has enabled us to develop innovative and high quality dolphin swim programs. Here, you will enjoy a swim with dolphins program that suits your spare time and taste, and your family will love it!Delphinus Xcaret, is awarded with the Guinness World Record for being the dolphinarium with more dolphins born in one facility along one year.Visit us and enjoy your Swim with Dolphins at Delphinus Xcaret selecting from 3 programs: Delphinus Interax, Delphinus Primax and Delphinus Dolphin Ride.
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We had a great time; the Dolphins and trainers were truly amazing. The Dolphins are clearly very well looked after and from their behaviour you can see how happy and relaxed they are. We picked this complex after seeing just how much better their large natural pools were compared to some of the other swimming pool style ones in the area. They also take you through how the animals are treated and how rescue animals are rehabilitated. Would highly recommend this bucket list activity. Only bad thing is they really lock you in to buying their photos which are a little overpriced though they are very professionally taken.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Amazing
Must Do
For Interested Children buy Trainer For A Day which is just a few $ more but ABSOLUTELY Fun

1  Thank cleveland2007
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The price is unbelievably high. I bought it in my resort (Grand Mayan Riviera Maya) and they charged me supposedly 169 USD with rate 13.3 and refunded 40 USD after visit at rate of 11USD. So, the price was not as p[promised 139 USD considering difference in exchange rate.

Delphinus Xcaret personnel keeps observers so far from where your relatives or friends are communicating with dolphins that you cannot take pictures. This means you have to buy them. OK, it would be fine, but they promise 12 pictures because there are 12 activities with dolphins and you get one pic of each activity. We could not choose 12 pictures because they suck at taking pictures. They did not have all activities and they took pictures at worst moments. We liked only one picture and I asked if I could purchase only one and they said yes but 12 pictures were 100USD and one was exactly half of that. Really!!!!

Also, as many stated experience was suppose to last 50 minutes, but they have soooooo many people at any one time divided in groups of 4 and 5 letting them one by one to do one activity that lasts less than a minute. Also, they talk too much between activities so total time for 169USD you spend with dolphin averages to 15 minutes with horrible pictures at the end that I had ti purchase because my child begged me to (which mother can tell no to a child).

There were also a lot of restrictions as what you can do and when. You just stand there and not swimming with dolphins (ironic because it called swimming with dolphins) and trying to be quick on just petting it as it swims by you. Horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible.

Now calculate how much money those thieves making on unsuspecting tourists: 169 per person (was about 30 people X 169=5,070; lets say half of them purchase basic package at 100X15=1,500 ---- everything totaling to 6,570). All that only for first group of people at 7AM.

1  Thank Nellie J
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Great experience but totally over priced and they then try to make more money out of you by charging an absolute fortune for the pictures.I think the basic picture package started at $160 US dollars. The dolphins were great and we had a lovely time but just felt a bit ripped off by the whole experience!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Very, very, very (and may I repeat, very) expensive experience. There is so much wasted time that you pay for, it is unbelievable. Beware- if they have you walk across the wooden deck be sure you have your flip flops on. We all burned the bottoms of our feet (my poor little girls ended up having to be carried so they wouldn't get blisters) . It is a long walk (or run if the soles of your feet are burning.)The worst part was that they didn't warn us, nor did they feel bad that we were all in massive pain.

Once we were in the water with the dolphins, it is an amazing experience. You can ask the trainers questions about the dolphins and they are very knowledgeable. Two of the dolphins were pregnant and we were allowed to pet the underside of their body.

If you plan on buying the pictures be prepared to pay top dollar. They want over $350 for the pictures and a DVD of our 30 minute experience. Wow! That was outrageous. Needless to say, we did not purchase them, however my mother was able to get some pictures from the outside waiting area.

While I would not do it again, I am glad we did it at least once in our lives.

1  Thank shannenavila