I'll try to narrow it down as much as possible...
5 of us girls ages 18 - 30 stayed between Feb 24-Mar 2
is clean, everything is close by. It is a large place but still everything is always a few steps away.
are decent, bathrooms are nice.
All were good, the main one obviously has the best selection. It has the best draft beer too, soooo refreshing at lunch. The guacamoli (spelling?) was amazing. Overall good food.
A la Carte:
I recommend the Japanese hands down, better then the Mediterranian and Steakhouse. My friends steak was cold and another friends steak was not very tasty. Mediterrainian has lots of musquitoes...so be prepared.
Yes lots of invisible musquitoes... our legs were covered with red bumps all week. Bring bug spray.
Now for the best part....
GO TO PLAYA DEL CARMEN, take the free shuttle everyday. The beach is amazing. Check out Mamitas for some good music, good drinks and a nice bed to lay on the beach.
loved it, amazing music! most of the club is covered with sand so dont wear high heels, no point you will take them off anyway.
Swim with the Dolphins, $150 US but well worth it, you swim with them for an hour in a small group of 6. Its just sad in the beginning to see them in the aquariums, just have to remember that they are in a good place and treated properly. Much better then the places ive seen in Cuba and Dominican.
Cancun party hopping: Dont bother. Just go to Coco Bongos on your own. Senor Frogs and Congos were fun but everything was so rush rush, we had time for one drink each before they made us leave to go to the next bar. And the worst part is, you cant get the drinks yourself, you have to get the special party hopper guy to get them for you... so you have to find him first. Sometimes thats hard, or a pain in the [--]. Playa Del Carmen has better nightlife atmosphere anyway and its only 10 minutes away from the resort. Pics attached of Mamitas beach *drool*
Overall... The location is what made our trip awesome. Playa Del Carmen is beautiful! Cant wait to go back.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Holiday Gems, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandos Caracol Eco Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caracol Beach
- Sandos Caracol Eco Hotel
- Sandos Caracol Beach Resort Spa
- Sandos Select Club
- Sandos Caracol Mexico
- Hotel Sandos Caracol Eco
- Caracol Village Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Sandos Caracol Beach & Spa Mayan Riviera
- Sandos Caracol Resort
- Sandos Caracol Riviera Maya