Riu Playacar has an amazing beach, Okay Pool, The Hotel is okay - Definitely outdated compared to the Riu Yucatan in the same area. Buffet food was average, Great Entertainment Staff, Terrible Resturants - Was just deep fried - same old buffet food for the most part - we didn't even use all our resturant visits & just ate buffet the were so bad!
The thing I was really Not impressed with was the amout of people trying to sell you drugs!! Not only on the Beach, but in front of the Disco on the resort!!!! Made me feel very uncomfortable.. not sure if Riu promotes this activity, but it definitely turned me off to never book with them again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * In the Playacar resort area, along with the Riu Palace Mexico, Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Riu Yucatan and the ClubHotel Riu Tequila hotels * Main building and 8 annexed buildings * Located on the beach * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * Surrounded by 21,000 m2/25,000 sq. Yards of tropical gardens * Mexican Street, next to Riu Yucatan * 100 m/325 ft. From various shops * 55 km/34 miles from Cancun Int'l. Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L., Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, RIU Hotels and Resorts and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Riu Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Playacar Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Playacar Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Playacar Reviews
- Playacar Hotels
- Riu Playacar Mexico
- Rui Playacar
- Hotel Riu Playacar Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen