Being more a self organized traveller, I rarely get in touch with all inclusive offerings which are more common to the packaged tours industry. So I never was at a RIU hotel before, as well. We did use it for relaxing and as the diving, tour and cuba trip homebase.
Summary: I was quite positive surprised.
The Hotel offers a main Restaurant, Sports bar (24h Snacks), 2 a la card Restaurants (one which is used for snack's during daytime) and the option for breakfast and dinner at another RIU cross the street. Several bars, incl. a pool bar. The food was far better then I ever had in a packaged offering and even after two weeks I could enjoy dinner just in the main restaurant.
Rooms are big enough and nice with separated bath portion. Beds are 2 queen size in a double room.
The park alike gardens are amazing with a bunch of animals.
Evening entertainment , animation, sports etc are as usual at a mid class club hotel.
The Hotel is located in a park/ golf location, not at the beach. They have however a beach and it is a 5-7 minutes walk, or 2 minutes golf cart transfer. The whole region - Playacar, a private hotel and residence area - is very nice and close to the city(20 minutes walk or 7US$ taxi ride).
In May/June when we have been there, I would nothing crowed - very nice, plenty space, chairs, no waiting.
Only 2 downsides:
HotelBed which is a transfer and tour operator did not seem to be very organized and at least one chap was not interested in guest and service at all.
Scubacaribe is the water sports operator - mass production and sales agents trying to scam by change rates etc. not a strict no go, but only if no better option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Within the resort area Playacar along with the hotels Riu Palace Mexico, Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Riu Yucatan and Riu Playacar * Main building and 1-story buildings * Surrounded by 48,000 m2 / 57,600 sq. Yards of lush gardens * 800 m / 2,650 ft. From the beach (complimentary shuttle) * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 300 m / 990 ft. From Mexican Street * 55 km / 34 miles from Cancun Int'l Airport * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Tequila reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Clubhotel Tequila Hotel
- Riu Tequila Mexico
- Hotel Riu Tequila
- Riu Tequila Playa Del Carmen
- Rui Tequila
- ClubHotel Riu Tequila Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen