This is our 3rd time in Mexico but 1st time staying at the tequila and it won't be our last. Can I start by saying we hired a private taxi from the airport to the hotel and it was brilliant no waiting on the bus for people, we were out of the airport in about 20 mins and straight to the hotel would defelinty do it again. Check in was quick and easy and cases to our room in about 10 mins we asked for 1st floor rooms which we got so we were happy we were a party of two couples and our rooms we next door to each other what more could we ask for.
As all other reviews have said the rooms in this hotel are spotless yes they are a little dated but towels bed linen etc always very clean and changed daily our maid Benjamin did a great job and always left us towel art animal on our bed thank you.
Some reviews say that the coatis are a pest not at all IF you don't feed them as you are asked not to they do not bother you at all they just wander past the babies are very cute.
I must mention Andrea in the sports bar where we went every day after a day at the beach she was a lovely friendly girl who was always smiling and remembered what you wanted to drink she always kept her bar and surrounding tables spotless she made the best chocolate martini thank you Andrea.
The kiosk bar what can I say.......... Florencio you are a star you are the shot man from Mexican flags to B52 to making up a shot in your countries colour's we did read before we came people saying drinks are watered down after a night at the kiosk my husband and my cousin can say 100% they are not watered down!!!!!!!!
All waiters in restaurant to many to name were wonderful very friendly and helpful nothing to much trouble for them as for the food plenty to choose from every night we went to steak house food was ok nothing special manger on that night was very rude and abrupt just wanted you in and out he was the only one like that in the whole 2weeks we were there.
We went to the beach every day as there was a great breeze and loads of beds available the beach and water was out of this world.
Animation team were great and always on the go they were not pushy at all if you didn't want to take part they would just leave you, there were no children in our party but they seemed to be very good with them, the shows at night were very good.
We did Congo bongo's which we enjoyed and would do again we booked gold members through our Thomson rep Lauren.
From the start to the end the tequila had it all and we are already looking to book for next year.
Well done to you all keep up the good work.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Within the resort area Playacar along with the hotels Riu Palace Mexico, Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Riu Yucatan and Riu Playacar * Main building and 1-story buildings * Surrounded by 48,000 m2 / 57,600 sq. Yards of lush gardens * 800 m / 2,650 ft. From the beach (complimentary shuttle) * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 300 m / 990 ft. From Mexican Street * 55 km / 34 miles from Cancun Int'l Airport * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Tequila reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Clubhotel Tequila Hotel
- Riu Tequila Mexico
- Hotel Riu Tequila
- Riu Tequila Playa Del Carmen
- Rui Tequila
- ClubHotel Riu Tequila Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen