Visited the Riu Tequila for 2 weeks arriving on the 22nd July, flew with husband and daughters aged 18 and 14. Flew with Thomsons on the Dreamliner and this was a very good experience for a 10 hour flight.
The staff and service at the hotel was fantastic and nothing was to much trouble, was more than happy to tip and this was greatly appreciated Rooms were cleaned to a high standard every day and the towel art was impressive, loved seeing something new every day.
We had our wedding anniversary at the hotel and we had a fruit plate, towel art of two swans together and the bed made up in a special way. The hotel also offer you a special meal at the steakhouse which is booked on your behalf.
There were always plenty of sun beds both around the pool and also on the beach and signs about not reserving sun beds which most people honoured.
The food at the hotel was very fresh with a wide choice for all meals. We went to all the speciality restaurants, my favourite was the steakhouse though the kids preferred the Asian.
The beach, what can I say, white sand, palm trees and warm sea all the colours of blue. If you went into the sea up to your waist you had a variety of fish swimming around you, the sea was so clear you could see the bottom even in deep water. We have travelled wildly and I can honestly say this is one of the only beaches that compares with the Caribbean.
The wildlife at the hotel a amazing. The coatie's are out in the early morning and the evening and are harmless and fearless, saw adults and babies close up as well as lizards and othe exotic animals.
5th Avenue is worth a visit and don't be afraid to haggle, brought some lovely mementos and they threw in a free bag in one shop.
One thing that needs improving is the internet, needs to be more accessible and more available.
Would we go back, definitely in a heart beat. I keep looking at the photos and wishing I was back there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Within the resort area Playacar along with the hotels Riu Palace Mexico, Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Riu Yucatan and Riu Playacar * Main building and 1-story buildings * Surrounded by 48,000 m2 / 57,600 sq. Yards of lush gardens * 800 m / 2,650 ft. From the beach (complimentary shuttle) * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 300 m / 990 ft. From Mexican Street * 55 km / 34 miles from Cancun Int'l Airport * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Tequila reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Clubhotel Tequila Hotel
- Riu Tequila Mexico
- Hotel Riu Tequila
- Riu Tequila Playa Del Carmen
- Rui Tequila
- ClubHotel Riu Tequila Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen