First off I just wanted to say that I traveled with my mother, (54) and my 5 month old son for a little get away. I was very nervous because we were leaving my husband at home and this was my sons first trip away.....It was AMAZING. I have been to the Mayan 6 times now, staying at Riu,Secrets, Bahia, Grand Sirenis, Blue bay, Barcelo and in 3 weeks Grand Palladium. This resort is 5 star for a reason....cause it is and I should know. I wish I was going back there instead
The reception staff were out of this world and if there was anything wrong with the room, (not enough water in the bottle) they were there before I hung up the phone, really I do not know how they did it.
It was so safe for my son and there is nothing to worry about pertaining to the water, the resort is built on a water filtration system so bathing him or washing his bottles was safe. I just used bottle water for his food. The crib was there and everyday they made sure I had a 12 pack of water for him.
The food...GREAT. I am a pretty healthy person and there was endless amounts of healthy choices every meal From fish,chicken,pork, steam veggies and hamburgers with fries, there was everything really and the A la Cart's were just as good as a "real" restaurant .
Everything was taken care of and it made it so easy to travel with an old lady(hahaha) and a baby.
If you did not like the wine they give you...just ask them to open a bottle and they will at no extra charge....just remember to tip cause then you will always have a bottle waiting for you and always ask for you drink to be made with premium liquor. The sports bar was awesome and is open 24/7, so if you like Bailey's or Kahlua in your coffee before 10 a.m. go there...I did! :}
The beach is just a 10 minute walk from the resort but I love to walk so I loved that but if you do not like walking there is a shuttle that will take you there every 15 minutes but not from 1-3 p.m. they are on lunch! The resort itself is small enough that your longest walk would be to the lobby and that is not more than 5 minutes but if you want a nice walk you can adventure out in the Playacar streets safely and make it how ever long you want...I would after dinner and check out the other Riu's get a drink and go on walking some more, even with my son...NO worries it is very safe!
I spent time at the Playacar and at the Yucatan but I still liked everything about Tequila better and would suggest to go there, it is a lot nicer and newer. I did like the Yucatan lobby bar, ask for the pepperoni drink...YUM!
Normally I will go to any resort in the Mayan if it a 5 star only and a pretty good price but I think that I am going to stick to the RIu, even if it is a little bit more because you get what you pay for. The only complaint was that my husband was not there with me to enjoy everything but next year he will be or maybe even sooner, I hope.
If you have any question about this resort or any other questions about the Mayan, I've been there , seen it and probably have the answer...so ask away please!
One more thing check out the spa located in the Yucatan entrance, there are lot's of things that are free and included so check it out, it was great and that is were the fitness center is...BEAUTIFUL!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Within the resort area Playacar along with the hotels Riu Palace Mexico, Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Riu Yucatan and Riu Playacar * Main building and 1-story buildings * Surrounded by 48,000 m2 / 57,600 sq. Yards of lush gardens * 800 m / 2,650 ft. From the beach (complimentary shuttle) * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 300 m / 990 ft. From Mexican Street * 55 km / 34 miles from Cancun Int'l Airport * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Tequila reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Clubhotel Tequila Hotel
- Riu Tequila Mexico
- Hotel Riu Tequila
- Riu Tequila Playa Del Carmen
- Rui Tequila
- ClubHotel Riu Tequila Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen