Stayed in the Tequila in May 2010 in a group of 14 for my wedding.
Had a nightmare at first with Thomson as they kept getting the booking wrong and only received our flight tickets the day before leaving. When they finally arrived after chasing for weeks turned out my partners family had all been put down with the incorrect surnames. As this was the day before we couldn't get them ammended until we arrived at the airport!
Once arrived at the Tequila I can safely say we had stepped into heaven! The whole holiday was amazing with brill food, drink, accomodation etc. We did unpack in a regular room but once they were aware that we were the bride and groom we were upgraded immediately. They could not do enough for you and all requests were met with regards to the wedding.
It was the most amazing day that I had always dreamt of with no problems apart from my flowers being delivered to my room instead of my parents as instructed. This was sorted quickly with no worries. The garden for the wedding was gorgeous but absolutely boiling as there was no breeze and no cover. Once the ceremony was over we had a few photos with our guests and then the two of us taken to the beach in the buggy. Ate in the steakhouse which was absolutely gorgeous and we were put on one side of the restaurant which was ours for the duration. Although there were other guests in the restaurants it was still private and no worries about anyone else being there.
I would tell anyone to get married in the Riu Tequila as they are fantastic as it is dealt with by the hotel/Riu and not Thomsons. If you wish to sort a special meal or ocassion out whilst there I would definately approach the hotel rather than Thomson as we booked an anniversary meal through thomson in the Asian restaraunt with banners etc to be placed up in the room and petals etc on the bed. These requests were not done and worse we were not booked in the restaraunt!! Luckily the hotel sorted the Thomson error and made last minute arrangements for us!!! When we spoke to Thomson reps they just kept passing the buck between them all and not actually sorting the problem.
Overall what an amazing place/holiday and I would definately return. If you are getting married or thinking about it and would like more info please contact me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Within the resort area Playacar along with the hotels Riu Palace Mexico, Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Riu Yucatan and Riu Playacar * Main building and 1-story buildings * Surrounded by 48,000 m2 / 57,600 sq. Yards of lush gardens * 800 m / 2,650 ft. From the beach (complimentary shuttle) * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 300 m / 990 ft. From Mexican Street * 55 km / 34 miles from Cancun Int'l Airport * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Tequila reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Clubhotel Tequila Hotel
- Riu Tequila Mexico
- Hotel Riu Tequila
- Riu Tequila Playa Del Carmen
- Rui Tequila
- ClubHotel Riu Tequila Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen