Probably the prettiest beach we have ever seen. Check in was smooth, rooms clean and well appointed, however, you won't find bathrobes or slippers if you're looking for them.
Dinner was formal attire ( long pants for men so pack more than one pair) and the dinner hour started with courtyard "cocktail specials" each day around 6. Food was average to good, but I'm not a big fan of buffets, so the specialty restaurants each day were right up my alley! Staff was friendly, polite and accommodating. We had a great time. There are other Rius within walking distance if you want more night life. There is a shopping plaza within walking distance so you really don't have to banter with the sales hype in Playa del Carmen if you don't want to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on the Yucatan peninsula, 3 km / 1.9 Miles from Playa del Carmen * Within the Playacar resort, along with the Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Riu Yucatan, Riu Playacar and the ClubHotel Riu Tequila hotels * 2-storey building * Surrounded by 20,000 m2 / 24,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Located on the beach * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 200 m / 650 feet from Mexican Street * 55 km / 34 miles from Cancun Int. Airport * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., RIU Hotels and Resorts, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Mexico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Mexico Hotel
- Riu Palace Mexico Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Palace Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Palace Mayan Riviera
- Riu Playa Del Carmen
- Mexico Palace Riu
- Riu Mexico
- Rui Palace Mexico
- Hotel Riu Palace Mexico Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen