Upon check in we were greeted by staff, very friendly and offered a drink. Our room was clean and ready right away. Service throughout the week was excellent. Rooms were beautiful and cleaned everyday before we got back from breakfast. The open tub a little strange but we never used it. I would highly recommend this property if you are looking for a nice relaxing getaway. The beach was clean and plenty of chairs, same with the pools. I have no complaints whatsoever.
if you want to eat at the restaraunts you do need to get up and wait for reservations, it was not a big deal for us, the food in the buffett was excellent as well.
We could walk to town each day and there are some Mayan Ruins along the way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on the Yucatan peninsula, 3 km / 1.9 Miles from Playa del Carmen * Within the Playacar resort, along with the Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Riu Yucatan, Riu Playacar and the ClubHotel Riu Tequila hotels * 2-storey building * Surrounded by 20,000 m2 / 24,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Located on the beach * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 200 m / 650 feet from Mexican Street * 55 km / 34 miles from Cancun Int. Airport * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, RIU Hotels and Resorts, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Mexico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Mexico Hotel
- Riu Palace Mexico Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Palace Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Palace Mayan Riviera
- Riu Playa Del Carmen
- Mexico Palace Riu
- Riu Mexico
- Rui Palace Mexico
- Hotel Riu Palace Mexico Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen