We visited the RPM 12/26 June & when we arrived there was no waiting around to be checked in, we were greeted by a very polite friendly & helpful member of staff, our cases were taken to our wonderful room which was lovely & cool, everything we wanted was there & may I say continually topped up throughout our stay, As other people have mentioned there is a slight musty smell but i think this is just the smell of Mexico & certainly didn't spoil our stay.
Breakfasts were great everything you could possibly think of (except the bacon which is always crispy) fruit smoothies,champagne @ even vodka!!!!! The pool's were wonderful & the beach was the best i think iv'e walked on with plenty of sunbeds available, also cocktailes were served all through the day without having to move from the beach, while at the pool you could be drinking constantly as the pool waiters are at your beck & call, we gave an occasional tip which is very much appreciated, this we did in the evening & during our stay our table was reserved each night with rose petals on it, our every need was catered for, wonderful! The standard of food was excellent & as i'm vegetarian it was the first hotel that I had stayed in that had a seperate section catering for me, very nice,The 24 hour bar was nice as we used to pop down for some wine to take to our room when we met up with our friends for pre dinner drinks, in fact the whole of our stay seemed to involve drinking something especially round the pool with "mus slides" jolly monkey's" Dakharis & of course water !!!! As other people have commented on, everone is very hard working & can't do enough for you,i would love my daughter to have her beach wedding there but it's not possible as it's at the higher price bracket for some of her friends, but she can dream.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on the Yucatan peninsula, 3 km / 1.9 Miles from Playa del Carmen * Within the Playacar resort, along with the Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Riu Yucatan, Riu Playacar and the ClubHotel Riu Tequila hotels * 2-storey building * Surrounded by 20,000 m2 / 24,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Located on the beach * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 200 m / 650 feet from Mexican Street * 55 km / 34 miles from Cancun Int???L. Airport * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Mexico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Mexico Hotel
- Riu Palace Mexico Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Palace Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Palace Mayan Riviera
- Riu Playa Del Carmen
- Mexico Palace Riu
- Riu Mexico
- Rui Palace Mexico
- Hotel Riu Palace Mexico Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen