We visited the Riu Palace Mexico 2/18-25 & thoroughly enjoyed our stay. I had emailed the resort in advance hoping to avoid a ground level room & requesting the north side of the resort w/a courtyard view. But, upon arrival they did have us booked in a ground level room on the south side of the resort w/a courtyard view. I kindly asked if there might be any 1st or 2nd floor rooms available & voila, we were in luck. Thank you Shannon!! (I hope you received the envelope that I left for you when we checked out.)
Our 1st floor room (1133) was very nice & quite suitable for us. I also would rather have had a king size bed versus the two beds pushed together, but of course, we made due. After all, it was only for a week. I don’t think any of the rooms have a walk in shower, but that would have been preferable over the tub. There was always plenty of hot water & good pressure in the shower. The room was cleaned perfectly every day & the mini fridge was also restocked every day. We were happy to leave a daily tip because the room was so well kept each day.
As previously noted on other reviews, the grounds are indeed beautiful & very well maintained. We stayed on the beach each day & didn’t really take time to experience the pool area. There were plenty of beach lounge chairs available in the sun or the shade. So, didn’t have to worry about getting out early to save chairs. There are various activities to get involved in if you are so inclined. Or, if you just want to relax & read (which I did) there are quieter spots to do that too.
We are not picky eaters & loved the buffet. Special thanks to German for all his excellent service & attention. (I hope you received the envelop we left for you.) We also tried the Steak & Brazilian restaurants & found the food very good & the atmosphere just fine for us. Although, limiting the reservations to just one a day was a bit inconvenient.
My husband is a scuba diver & he did go out with the dive operation there at the resort his first day of diving. But, his preference is go out with smaller groups. So, we went in to Playa to book the rest of his dives for the week with a dive operation that he used the last time we were in Playa Del Carmen, Beach Divers. My husband finds the people there to be very friendly & accommodating.
This is our 8th year going to the Playa area & the fourth different all inclusive resort that we’ve visited. I would say that the Riu Palace Mexico is our new favorite!! We walked around the other nearby Riu resorts and for the most part, they looked pretty nice as well. But, I think we made a very good choice in the RPM. We very much hope to be able to return & enjoy another week in paradise!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on the Yucatan peninsula, 3 km / 1.9 Miles from Playa del Carmen * Within the Playacar resort, along with the Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Riu Yucatan, Riu Playacar and the ClubHotel Riu Tequila hotels * 2-storey building * Surrounded by 20,000 m2 / 24,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Located on the beach * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 200 m / 650 feet from Mexican Street * 55 km / 34 miles from Cancun Int. Airport * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, TripOnline SA, RIU Hotels and Resorts, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Mexico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Mexico Hotel
- Riu Palace Mexico Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Palace Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Palace Mayan Riviera
- Riu Playa Del Carmen
- Mexico Palace Riu
- Riu Mexico
- Rui Palace Mexico
- Hotel Riu Palace Mexico Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen