My wife and I spent our 1 week honeymoon at the Palace from Oct 25th to Nov 1st. We flew Skyservice from Toronto Ontario through Sunquest Vacations. Going through a travel company representative is definitely the way to go. Once you arrive at the Cancun airport, you simply look for your representative holding a sign and they take your luggage to the bus that is designated at dropping you off at your resort. Upon departure, your representative will be waiting for you in the lobby and they take you back to the airport. During the bus ride to the Palace, they will inform you of the things to do and what to stay away from while drinking on some Corona's. I think this is much better than flagging down and paying for a taxi.
The resort itself is amazing. Take lots of pictures because this is a place that you will surely want to visit again in your lifetime. The grounds and beach are immaculate and the food was much better than I expected. We preferred to eat at Don Julians (the main buffet) for most of the trip because they have a great variety and it is good! We also tried Sir Edwards one night and that was nice break from the buffet. Be prepared to eat alot at this place. The rooms are nice and the maids visit each room twice a day. Once in the morning and then again at night for turn-down service. We tipped the maid everyday and got a fancy animal or person made from towels on our bed. Although there are many trips or excursions offered, my wife and I preferred to stay on the resort and relax! Most days were spent on the beach or around the pool suntanning and we did go to Playa Del Carman one day for some shopping. It is a $4 taxi ride to the city. We also took the ferry over to Cozumel one day. All staff, including maids, bartenders, waiters and front desk were excellent and very accomodating. They treat you very good at this resort. If you are looking for a beautiful resort and a relaxing time, the Riu Palace is #1 on our list so far. Have fun!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on the Yucatan peninsula, 3 km / 1.9 Miles from Playa del Carmen * Within the Playacar resort, along with the Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Riu Yucatan, Riu Playacar and the ClubHotel Riu Tequila hotels * 2-storey building * Surrounded by 20,000 m2 / 24,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens * Located on the beach * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 200 m / 650 feet from Mexican Street * 55 km / 34 miles from Cancun Int???L. Airport * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Agoda, RIU Hotels and Resorts, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Mexico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Mexico Hotel
- Riu Palace Mexico Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Palace Playa Del Carmen
- Riu Palace Mayan Riviera
- Riu Playa Del Carmen
- Mexico Palace Riu
- Riu Mexico
- Rui Palace Mexico
- Hotel Riu Palace Mexico Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen