“good steaks”
Review of Madre Tierra

Madre Tierra
Reserve with OpenTable
Madre Tierra is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #103 of 1,391 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 July 2014

we ate here about 7 days ago,good customer service,great steaks and probably the best guacamole that is prepared at your table with the freshest of ingredients.great place to people watch from the balcony right on 5th ave

Reviewed 28 June 2014

There was a hair in my shrimp. Luckily, the manager gave me the same steak my husband had ordered. The steak was actually very good.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

The food isn't memorable but the place stands out as one of the better on 5th, enjoyed the steak but fish was lacking

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

We were recommended by our concierge as a great steakhouse. We used to dine at Wiki's but he told us it closed down. We took his advice. My wife ordered the rib eye and our friends ordered the surf and turf. Steaks came back cold. My wife's rib eye looked like a thin slab of carne asada and was under done. Bland flavor. They replaced it with the filet minion and that steak was way under cooked. She also had a glass of Cabernet wine and it was terrible.
We complained to the manager and he didn't even to bother to say sorry for the bad experience. All he said was, "I'll mention it to the chef"
The only good thing about this place was the seafood. There was only two people in the restaurant if I might add so they couldn't say they were busy either.

2  Thank Carlos F
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We saw this place while walking 5th Avenue and decided to return that night for dinner. We love the open air restaurants and were seated on the edge where we could people watch. The service was quick and remained attentive during our meal. The food was great as well. We had stuffed mushrooms for our appetizer, I got the fried chicken salad and my husband had the stuffed fish. Every bit of it was great! We were really impressed as we had eaten at The Blue Lobster the night before and had spent twice the money for food that wasn't nearly as good as here. We will definitely be back and we highly recommend this place.