“Mom's Review”
Review of Mom's Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Playa del Carmen
Mom's Hotel
Ranked #168 of 209 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Chicago, Illinois
“Mom's Review”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I stayed here once and the place was cheap and really not too bad if you're on a budget. One day my bed just fell apart. The wooden slats holding it up just broke. I am of average size. They did send a couple of guys up with a saw and a piece of wood and they did fix it. Now very overpriced. I heard it's up to $50.00. Lots of locals just hanging around. The bar is good for a stop. Lots of older Canadians and Americans hanging around. Walk into town is not too far.

Room Tip: You can do better.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Whitecat11

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I was only in Playa del Carmen for 2 nights and needed something affordable and close to Protec. This was an excellent choice and I'll definitely stay there again.

I wasn't interested in the shopping strip and touristy restaurants, but it's only a 7 minute walk if you enjoy those sorts of things. The rooms were clean and the internet was free. What more do you really need?

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Really affordable, safe, clean place to stay. There is a swimming pool. It is close to the beach and located near everything.The staff are great. My only complaint is that the maids scream across the common area to other staff members and woke me up almost daily.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Traveler555556
buffalo, ny
Reviewed 13 April 2012

What a great place to stay and to tip a few after a hot day at the beach. First of all the hotel is off the beaten path for tourists on 30th and 4th but not too far from great restaurants and a quick walk to the beach. Prices were about $50 US for March and it was like a small apartment with efficiency kitchen. Small pool and courtyard that people gather at to share experiences of the day. I actually hate to advertise this place as I want to be able to stay there next year! It has a bar attached to it that is open on weekdays and serves American food. We only drank there but the food looked good. People at the bar both staff and customers were a nice friendly bunch. We will be back!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank 2mexlovers
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2010

I booked a Cave diving course with Protek Dive Centre who are actually in the building, they recommended I stay in Moms Hotel.
It is fairly basic but certainly did the job for me, it has air con and a fan the bed was huge and the en suite had a large combined bath and shower with warm water on a regular basis.
I ate at the local restaurants around the area which were all excellent and very reasonable. Unfortunately the bar was shut when I stayed, but the guys in the dive centre said it was excellent when open.
There was free wifi which was good enough for Skyping home with.
It was very good value for money costing around £18 a day

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank scubaharley
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 18 September 2010

My husband and I were stuck in Playa Del Carmen for a night and saw no reason to pay a lot for lodging (our main beach town destination was Tulum and we did not care for Playa AT ALL). We came across this hotel walking, checked the price and room, and felt it would do the job. The front desk woman was friendly and gave us a bit of a discount, so we stayed.

The room was fine, the a/c was ok, and I think there was a bit of hot water in the morning. We enjoyed cooling off in the roof top hammock but were disappointed the pool was closed off at night (it was a very tiny, square pool but it would have been nice to sit in for a few minutes).

We'd stay there again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Yvette V
Ont. Canada
Reviewed 5 May 2010

Mom's Hotel was a very nice place to stay and reasonably priced. We have stayed there repeatedly. It is a quiet and safe hotel. The room was well maintained and very comfortable. The pub food was very good and reasonably priced. Our room had a kitchenette and it is a short walk for groceries. Good restaurants close by. Downtown is walking distance. Wireless internet available. Thanks Arturo from Sway

• Stayed December 2009