Stayed here for 5 nights at the end of our holiday. Grounds were kept immaculate. Seemed to be someone somewhere working on them all day. Rooms were also kept spotless. Jackhammer was also going on when we were there but windows are double-glazed so didn't really affect us and we're usually up about 0730.
Kool beach club fine as well. The free sunbeds you get are actually the cheaper, plastic sunbeds and we paid for our own a couple of days as the others were much more comfortable.
Breakfast was a bit bland. Couple of pastries each and some toast and fruit juice from a carton which is fairly unusual with all the fresh fruit around. Did pay for breakfast one morning which was lovely.
Staff were all friendly and I can't quite put my finger on it but it was as if they were a bit unmotivated and didn't really enjoy working there. Sorry if that sounds a bit vague but we work in the hotel industry and that's just how it came across. Not unfriendly but not quite full of enthusiasm for their job than we have experienced in other hotels during this trip.
Have also eaten in the Mayan Bistro which is attached to the hotel. Not this year but last year, while we stayed at a hotel nearby. Good service and good food. Would recommend people give it a try.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aventura Mexicana - Your oasis of silence & beauty in the heart of Playa Del Carmen We're an American owned, top ranked TripAdvisor hotel & restaurant located just 1/2 block from Playa's popular 5th Avenue and 2 blocks from the beach! We're a friendly boutique hotel with lush, tropical courtyards and waterfalls, 2 swimming pools and 3 sundecks. Guest rooms feature 1 King bed or (2) Queen beds, inroom wi/fi, air conditioning, flat screen TVs, phones, private bathrooms and most rooms have balconies or verandas. Our hotel amenities include our Mayan Bistro (TripAdvisor top ranked casual restaurant / bar), free cooked-to-order breakfast, free wi/fi, free parking, beach club access, discounted gym passes and spa services. Our Guest Services manager is a tour and transportation expert and can answer all your questions about the area! Our Mayan Bistro offers breakfast, lunch, dinner & room service and THE VIP. THE VIP is our all inclusive option with fresh, made to order gourmet food and premium beer, wine and cocktails. Come have a wonderful vacation with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Aventura Mexicana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Mexicana Hotel
- Aventura Mexicana Playa Del Carmen
- Aventura Mexicana Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen