Stayed for 9 nights in early January 2012. Its a typical small hotel you'd find in the heart of Playa and while quaint, it is not worth the $125 night we paid; certainly not by Canadian/American standards. I agree that the grounds were immaculate and the cleaning staff did a great job of the rooms every day. The front desk staff was helpful when req'd. The pools are tiny and better suited for children. We had a deluxe king room. The bed with its apparent "new" pillow tops were still quite firm and uncomfortable. The bathroom was not a private room but separated by a pony wall. Get used to flushing 2-3 times; the toilets never cleared on 1st flush. Hot water was sometimes only warm water. The free continental breakfasts were paltry but there if you want it. Try Celine's french bakery on 5th; amazing for Playa! The access to Kool Beach Club & free chairs meant you were relegated to the inferior lounge chairs at the back of the club. The comfortable loungers used up front cost 70 pesos/day but it is a nice club with a decent restaurant, friendly staff and acceptable washrooms (use the restaurant's washroom - much cleaner). The beach is not 50 meters away- its more like 3 blocks away. Be careful of the ironing board/irons offered; poor quality. Our iron leaked and was leaving sticky residue on our clothes. Generally a quiet hotel unless the hotel across the street has its roof top disco going late into the night but even with that it wasn't so bad. No comment on it's bistro; did not eat there. There wasn't much storage space in the room. Luggage had to remain on the floor. There was a small built in closet with a few hangers. The built in counter was mostly used up by the flat screen TV. Seeing as most visitors speak english, a better attempt at english programming would be welcomed. I don't go to Playa to watch TV but its nice to have while laying in bed or when we stayed indoors whilst it rained all day. The small fridge was handy but the coffee machine was scary looking; we didn't use it. There are great cafes all over the strip. Overall it was decent but I have stayed in less expensive places in Playa with the same experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aventura Mexicana - Your oasis of silence & beauty in the heart of Playa Del Carmen We're an American owned, top ranked TripAdvisor hotel & restaurant located just 1/2 block from Playa's popular 5th Avenue and 2 blocks from the beach! We're a friendly boutique hotel with lush, tropical courtyards and waterfalls, 2 swimming pools and 3 sundecks. Guest rooms feature 1 King bed or (2) Queen beds, inroom wi/fi, air conditioning, flat screen TVs, phones, private bathrooms and most rooms have balconies or verandas. Our hotel amenities include our Mayan Bistro (TripAdvisor top ranked casual restaurant / bar), free cooked-to-order breakfast, free wi/fi, free parking, beach club access, discounted gym passes and spa services. Our Guest Services manager is a tour and transportation expert and can answer all your questions about the area! Our Mayan Bistro offers breakfast, lunch, dinner & room service and THE VIP. THE VIP is our all inclusive option with fresh, made to order gourmet food and premium beer, wine and cocktails. THE VIP is only available through our website. Come have a wonderful vacation with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo and Ebookers so you can book your Aventura Mexicana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Mexicana Hotel
- Aventura Mexicana Playa Del Carmen
- Aventura Mexicana Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen