We spent 5 nights at Aventura Mexicana in April 2012 and just loved it. We have travelled many times to Mexico and the Caribbean. This was our first experience at a boutique hotel and would definitely do it again. The hotel is very close to the beach, about a 5 minute walk. The hotel provides beach towels and passes to the Kool beach club. Because we were there over Easter, which is a 2 week school holiday in Mexico, there were many, many tourists so chairs at the beach club filled up quickly. But that is not the hotel's fault. We still enjoyed the beach. We were half a block from 5th Avenue, which was great. The food in the hotel restaurant was excellent. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. The courtyard was beautifully landscaped. The pool was small and there were not enough chairs poolside some times but there were other seating areas. Our room did not have a full wall separating the bathroom but after 20 years together, that did not bother us. All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel. A great way to experience Playa Del Carmen.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aventura Mexicana - Your oasis of silence & beauty in the heart of Playa Del Carmen We're an American owned, top ranked TripAdvisor hotel & restaurant located just 1/2 block from Playa's popular 5th Avenue and 2 blocks from the beach! We're a friendly boutique hotel with lush, tropical courtyards and waterfalls, 2 swimming pools and 3 sundecks. Guest rooms feature 1 King bed or (2) Queen beds, inroom wi/fi, air conditioning, flat screen TVs, phones, private bathrooms and most rooms have balconies or verandas. Our hotel amenities include our Mayan Bistro (TripAdvisor top ranked casual restaurant / bar), free cooked-to-order breakfast, free wi/fi, free parking, beach club access, discounted gym passes and spa services. Our Guest Services manager is a tour and transportation expert and can answer all your questions about the area! Our Mayan Bistro offers breakfast, lunch, dinner & room service and THE VIP. THE VIP is our all inclusive option with fresh, made to order gourmet food and premium beer, wine and cocktails. THE VIP is only available through our website. Come have a wonderful vacation with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aventura Mexicana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Mexicana Hotel
- Aventura Mexicana Playa Del Carmen
- Aventura Mexicana Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen