“Lovely!”

Ranked #24 of 211 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
NY
“Lovely!”
Reviewed 20 August 2012

My sister and I stayed for 7 days. The staff were friendly, extremely courteous and willing to help in every way they could. The price is quite affordable for the location it's in. We enjoyed ourselves thoroughly! The hotel is off the main road so the noise level is at a minimum. We took the bus from the airport to the bus depot in Playa and walked to the hotel. There are cabs in the bus depot area if you don't feel like walking and it's about a 5 minute cab ride. Unfortunately our room was near the AC unit outside, so we could hear it quite loudly through the wall. Therefore my sleep was not as perfect as I would have liked. A negative I had with the hotel was Wi-Fi was not available in the rooms, so you either had to go out to the lobby or sitting area, or the hotel restaurant. The food at the Mayan Cage was delicious, I encourage one to try it if they do not feel like going out. On my next trip back to Mexico, I plan on staying at Aventura.

Room Tip: Take the ADO bus from the Cancun airport for $11, to Playa, when you get there the hotel is a 15 min...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
  • Hebrew first
Zug
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I was there just for 2 days and I booked a VIP all inclusive but from the first time at the check-in the person who was there, she was to cold and even she dont say any " Welcome " then I was asking for the VIP service and she refuse to give to me becuse of my booking , so I dont say any word but after when I come back to the hotel a other person there confirm that she did a mistake but she never say : Sorry for that even I paid a lot money.
Also my room was to bad, and also what is the all inlclusive VIP service for these money I paid ? I can be in the Palace Riu Riviera Maya all inclusive for less of these money. But anyway, comebak to the " ALL INCLUSIVE VIP ", so, The food is so good, the people in the restaurant is so good and nice but after 11pm not more drinks ( that is all inclusive ? ), Also if you are in the pool you never get a drink till you ask , sorry for that but that is not all inclusive hotel even they ask you for a lot money....!

Also if you dont book a VIP all inclusive , they ofert at the reception for 69USD ( that is a lot even you drink inthe 5th ave in Playa del Carmen ).

Sorry for that but, but service at the recpetion that the lady there feel the owner and even she dont say any welcome word, rooms to bad, etc I will never back and I will never recoment these hotel. If you want a good all inclusive hotel VIP go to the Palace Riviera Maya Riu, that is a good place for less money.

Room are to bad, clean is so good, serviceis the restaurant is so good, also the chef is so nice person and profesional but never go to the reception.

I hope that in the future they will changed and people in the reception will be more friendly, nice, gentile, kind, helpful, pleasant and more attention even you are the manager of these place becuse the other people working there are so more profesional that the managers people.

Room Tip: The best is you want to be there, go in the adults area also try to ge close by the restaurant and t...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank mex2012
rsmearing, General Manager at Aventura Mexicana, responded to this review, 31 August 2012
Dear mex2012,

I am sorry to hear of your check-in experience with us. I have spoken with my team regarding your comments and after speaking with you further it appears that we could have handled this situation in a better manner. Typically we require a minimum of a 3 night stay to add the VIP All Inclusive which is why the clerk checking you in assumed it was not part of your reservation. When the reservation manager reviewed the details he was able to confirm that you had indeed added it. We should have been more sympathetic and apologetic once we found this error and I apologize that we left you not feeling so welcomed to our hotel.

I am not familiar with the details of other hotel All Inclusive pricing but I am very confident that for our cooked to order gourmet food and premium beverages $37 USD plus tax per person per day is a great value. Our Mayan Bistro has received the 2012 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence and as you stated our “food is so good” and our service is “so good.” I am however sorry that you were disappointed in the fact that we do not run a 24 hour restaurant. Our restaurant kitchen is open from 7am – 10pm and our bar is open from 11am – 11pm.

All in all I am a little confused by some of the comments and not sure I understand all of them but I hope that future travelers reading this review take into consideration the hundreds of positive reviews that have been posted regarding our service and value.

Rob

General Manager.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 18 August 2012

My boyfriend and I spent 4 days and 5 nights at Hotel Aventura Mexicana as part of a LivingSocial deal. The simple comfort of the hotel is what drew me. It's small so it wasn't overcrowded and bustling at all hours. The staff is courteous, professional, and friendly. The rooms were spacious and comfortable with excellent A/C - important after a long day of adventures in the summer heat. The lighting in the room wasn't great, but that was only an issue at night, as the natural light gave the perfect amount of lighting during the day. The pools are small, but it was rarely crowded, so you can still feel relaxed while enjoying the pool. The location is great! It made getting to the beach, restaurants and shops super convenient. The hotel partners with another location on the beach to give you a voucher for chairs and an umbrella. They should partner with someone else as that hotel isn't in the best location - the beach immediately in front had poor access, so we just went further down to a better area and laid directly on the sand. We were on the beach only for an hour or two, so it wasn't a big deal to not have the chairs/umbrella. Overall, a great time! Highly recommend and would return to again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jess_H510
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Reviewed 11 August 2012

We stayed in this hotel for one week in August. It is a beautiful quaint hotel. Our room was directly in front of the family pool (room 112). We loved this location as the pool was just steps away from our room! It worked great for our kids. The pool was a bit on the small side, but very adequate for adults and kids alike. Our room was roomy and clean, with plenty of space to unpack our suitcases for the week. The beds were very comfortable. The air conditioning kept us nice and cool. We always had hot water for showers. The housekeeping was very quick to help us with extra towels, cups etc...and made really cool towel creations each day. It would have been nice to have access to free filtered water as we have had at most hotels we've stayed at in Mexico (from a dispenser in the lobby areas or free bottles of water in the rooms) . This hotel did have bottles of water in the rooms but it cost 25 pesos each. A bit steep of a price in our opinion. Regardless, water is easily accessible (for half the price) just a few steps away at a corner convenience store down the road. We had a great wi-fi connection in our rooms, which was a pleasant surprise and much appreciated. And we also appreciated the mini fridge in our room. The free breakfast was adequate - delicious orange juice, plenty of toast and pastries to fill up on. The front desk staff were always very friendly and accomodating. We were initially disappointed that the hotel no longer offered free beach club palapas/loungers to Kool beach club (on the better northern part of the beach), but thankfully the staff were quick to right this for us. If others are concerned with the location of beach club passes, you may want to inquire first before booking. We loved the location of this hotel, close to 5th and also to the north part of the beach. We have stayed in cheaper hotels in the same area, but for the extra $$'s this hotel delivered the extra comfort, cleaness and atmosphere that would be expected. Overall, this hotel was such a perfect place to unwind, relax and enjoy our holiday.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank jchutton
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 2 August 2012

This was my first time in playa del carmen..and I am really glad that I picked this hotel to stay. It was a great experience and I enjoyed myself very much. The restaurant was great, the room very clean, great linens and towels. Huge comfortable bed with many pillows. I will definately be back...LUIS was great..thank you everyone.
I wish there was a fitness center there--that was the only thing missing.
I didnt get to try the spa though.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Danny D
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 1 August 2012

We stayed at this hotel with the Living Social Playa del Carmen package. We were a bit skeptical as the deal seemed too good to be true. Our four night experience at the hotel was truly amazing. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The A/C worked well. The shower was spacious, which is important as I'm 6'4". The staff all over the hotel were very friendly and helpful.

We chose to upgrade to the all-inclusive package as it was our first time to Mexico, and we do not regret that decision a bit. The food at the Bistro is wonderful. That kitchen is cranking out some very good eats. We ate there each of the five days of our stay (although not every meal), trying a different dish each time. We never had anything that was less than fantastic. The staff made sure we were happy with everything.

I highly recommend this hotel. We will be returning to Playa before too long and when we do we'll stay at Hotel Aventura Mexicana.

Room Tip: In some rooms the bathrooms don't have doors (just a wall) so there is a lack of privacy. Not a...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank conormc68
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 27 July 2012

All of the raving reviews were right on! I have been to a lot of different hotels around the world and this was the best-ran hotel by far. The staff really does go out of their way to make you feel special. Anytime we wanted to switch out used beach towels, they would gladly replace them with new ones within seconds. The maintenance men were constantly beautifying the place (Don't worry- no loud noises. They were usually cleaning the pool, gardening, or painting). The place has a TON of character! We stayed in a room/building that was very close to the Mayan Bistro. It was not loud at all, and I am a VERY light sleeper. The sunning decks near the adult pool were very nice and quiet with great lounge chairs. The A/C and other amenities were good as well! We will certainly stay here again!!!!!!

We got the VIP package with the Mayan Bistro. It was one of the best choices we made in Mexico. The waiters and bartenders made us feel so special. They enjoyed being there. The food was exceptional. You can actually see the chefs do their magic if you are sitting outside. The food was spectacular! We loved every meal but the following items we got multiple times: crab tostadas, chile releno (sp?), and the Bananas Mexicana. EVERY meal included wonderful staff and cuisine. We loved this bistro so much that my husband, upon checking out of the hotel, remembered he had forgotten to say goodbye to one of the staff there. So, he literally dropped his bags in the taxi and ran to go tell Daniel thanks for everything. I already miss this place! The location is perfect. I ALWAYS felt safe near the hotel. The hotel is very close to the beach and 5th Avenue, but it is not loud at all. So, you can enjoy as much as you want in this area but can still sleep at night. You will not regret your stay here!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple