After reading a few mixed reviews I was worried. I have been to Playa dozens of times and always opted for the mega all inclusives and have stayed at almost all of them. NOT ANY MORE.
This place was cute, had beautiful grounds, a delicious restaurant, great prices and was very, very clean. It is located at the nexus of the universe in playa del carmen( meaning it is one block from the center of fith avenue) I was a female traveling alone and selected this place for the safety of being in town and not having to take cabs at night. I felt completely safe. At night, they lock the back entrance and a security guard and reception keep watch up front. All the rooms enter through a keyed glass door and I even felt very safe with this.
The staff was really friendly, it's small so you get to know other guests if u want and you are so close to everything its awesome. There are 2 beach clubs you can go to for free. The hotel will give you a towel and a pass each day. I went to the Indigo 2 days and loved it. good food and service and only about 4 or 5 blocks from the hotel. ( probably not the best choice if you want to swim in sea, but the staff has a reco. for that too.
The room was equiped with all the towels and gormet tolietries you could ever need, there was a fridge and safe. I was 2 blocks from a Big supermarket called Mega and about 4 from Walmart so I stocked up on cold drinks and enjoyed snacks and breakfast at the hotel. The guacamole rules and drinks were beautiful. I had an afternoon snack every day and I also got the best 4 $ breakfast money can buy. The food was really good. I had the rest of my meals out on the main street and that was another thing that made this location great, no cabs and safe even walking alone at midnight.
The staff was all very friendly and that was part of the charm. If you are looking for Sandals go somewhere else. If you are looking for a lovely, safe hotel with nice amenities in the best location in town and dont want to be pressured for tips 10 times a day AVENTURA MEXICANA is your place. I will be back as soon as I can
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aventura Mexicana - Your oasis of silence & beauty in the heart of Playa Del Carmen We're an American owned, top ranked TripAdvisor hotel & restaurant located just 1/2 block from Playa's popular 5th Avenue and 2 blocks from the beach! We're a friendly boutique hotel with lush, tropical courtyards and waterfalls, 2 swimming pools and 3 sundecks. Guest rooms feature 1 King bed or (2) Queen beds, inroom wi/fi, air conditioning, flat screen TVs, phones, private bathrooms and most rooms have balconies or verandas. Our hotel amenities include our Mayan Bistro (TripAdvisor top ranked casual restaurant / bar), free cooked-to-order breakfast, free wi/fi, free parking, beach club access, discounted gym passes and spa services. Our Guest Services manager is a tour and transportation expert and can answer all your questions about the area! Our Mayan Bistro offers breakfast, lunch, dinner & room service and THE VIP. THE VIP is our all inclusive option with fresh, made to order gourmet food and premium beer, wine and cocktails. THE VIP is only available through our website. Come have a wonderful vacation with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Aventura Mexicana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Mexicana Hotel
- Aventura Mexicana Playa Del Carmen
- Aventura Mexicana Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen